If you are encountering the Discord Cloudflare error or receiving the "Sorry, you have been blocked" error message while trying to use the service, we have proven solutions for you.
Discord, like any online platform, is not immune to technical issues. Whether it is server error or the update loop, we understand just how disruptive these hiccups can be, especially when you're in the midst of a lively chat or important gaming session.
In this guide, we'll walk you through step-by-step solutions to help you swiftly overcome the Discord Cloudflare error and regain seamless access to your favourite communication platform.
How to fix the Discord Cloudflare error
To fix the Discord Cloudflare error, change your DNS server settings to use Cloudflare DNS servers, as this Twitter user suggested. By switching to Cloudflare DNS, you can eliminate the occurrence of the "Sorry, you have been blocked" on Discord.
Here are the steps to change DNS server settings on a Windows PC:
- Click on the Windows Start button and type "Network Status" or "Network & Internet Settings" and press Enter
- In the Network & Internet Settings window, click on "Change adapter options"
- You'll see a list of network connections. Right-click on the network connection you are currently using (e.g., Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select "Properties."
- In the Properties window, scroll down and find "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" in the list. Select it and click on the "Properties" button.
- In the next window, you'll see two options: "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Use the following DNS server addresses." Select the second option.
- Enter Cloudflare DNS Addresses
- Preferred DNS server:
- Alternate DNS server:
- Preferred DNS server:
- Click "OK" to save the settings, and then click "Close" on the previous window.
- You can flush the DNS cache to ensure the new settings take effect immediately. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command:
Your Windows PC should now be using Cloudflare DNS servers. This can potentially help resolve network-related issues, including the Discord Cloudflare error.
What does the "Sorry, you have been blocked" error message mean on Discord?
The "Sorry, you have been blocked" error message on Discord means that Cloudflare is blocking your device from accessing Discord as it is using a DNS server other than Cloudflare's, such as Google DNS or your ISP's DNS.
The block is temporary and will be lifted once Cloudflare resolves the API service issues they are currently experiencing. In the meantime, you can bypass this restriction by following the method we've outlined here.
Other services utilizing Cloudflare are also encountering the same problem. For example, numerous ChatGPT users have reported encountering the "Sorry, you have been blocked" error when attempting to engage with the AI chatbot.