If you have a new tablet and want to make the most of it, you might be wondering about the best apps for Android tablet. There are so many Android apps available, but not all of them are optimized for tablets.
Some apps are designed for phones only, and may not look or work well on larger screens. So how can you find the best Android tablet apps for your needs and preferences? Well, we’ve done the hard work of sorting through the many apps on Android’s Play Store and selecting the best ones for you. Here are the best apps for your Android tablet:
Do you know how you love to keep up with the latest stuff from your favourite sites, blogs, podcasts, and YouTube channels? Well, you need an app that can read RSS feeds for that. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, and it is a web feed that automatically downloads the latest articles and posts from sites with an RSS feed.
If you have an Android tablet and you want to follow a bunch of cool stuff online, you should check out Feedly. It’s a great app that lets you read RSS feeds easily. On top of that, Feedly syncs your reading progress and preferences between the desktop and mobile versions, so you can access your content anytime and anywhere.
- Feedly is free to use and does not have ads or pop-ups.
- The app has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to browse and read your feeds.
- You also can access your content even when you don’t have an internet connection, as Pocket supports offline reading.
- Feedly does not have a search function for free users. Therefore, you need to upgrade to the Pro or Team plans to search within your feeds or across the web.
- You may also not find a lot of visual appeal compared to other reader apps, as the design is minimalistic and plain.
Download Link: Feedly
Have you ever found something cool online that you wanted to check out later, but you didn’t know how to save it? Bookmarking it or downloading it can be a hassle. That’s why you need an app like Pocket that lets you save stuff for later.
Pocket is an awesome app that lets you read stuff online on your tablet. You can save stories from any site or app you want and make your own news feed. Pocket sorts your saved stuff into different categories like Articles, Videos, Images, Favorites, Highlights, Tags, and Archive. You can also make your own tags to organize your stuff by topic or theme.
- Pocket is free to use and does not have ads or pop-ups.
- Pocket supports offline reading, so you can access your saved content even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Pocket has a text-to-speech feature that lets you listen to your saved articles instead of reading them.
- Pocket does not have a search function for free users. You can only search by titles and URLs of your saved content. You need to upgrade to the Premium plan to search by full-text, topics, tags, authors, and more.
- Pocket does not have a bulk tagging feature for free users. You need to tag each article individually, which can be tedious and time-consuming. You need to upgrade to the Premium plan to tag multiple articles at once.
Download Link: Pocket
If you love reading magazines, you might want to switch to a digital newsstand app like Zinio. Zinio gives you access to thousands of magazines from around the world. You can use your tablet’s larger screen to enjoy a traditional magazine layout experience or use the innovative text mode for a more modern reading experience.
Zinio offers individual magazine subscriptions, rather than an all-in-one subscription. This means you only pay for the magazines you want to read, and you can cancel or renew them anytime. The app also delivers your magazines instantly to your tablet as soon as they are published. You can also download them for offline reading or archive them to save space on your device.
- Zinio gives you access to thousands of magazines from around the world, including some exclusive titles that are not available elsewhere.
- You can also access Marvel comics, which are normally not part of these kinds of services.
- The app has a free trial period that lets you try out some magazines before buying them.
- Zinio can be expensive if you want to read a lot of magazines, as each magazine has its own subscription fee. You might end up paying more than an all-in-one subscription service that offers unlimited access to a variety of magazines.
- You will not find a lot of interactive elements while reading your magazines. Moreover, you cannot zoom in or out on the images, watch videos, or tap on links.
Download Link: Zinio
If you need to create or edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or notes on your tablet, you need a productivity suite app like Microsoft Office. Microsoft’s Office applications are some of the best examples of tablet-optimized Android apps.
You might not need to edit an Excel spreadsheet on the go very often, but the apps have the same Ribbon interface as the desktop equivalents. The best part of Microsoft Office includes all of the most popular programs in one package: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams.
- Microsoft Office offers a comprehensive set of productivity tools for home, school, and business use.
- It also has a free version that lets you view and edit documents on your tablet without paying anything.
- The app requires a paid subscription to Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) to create and edit documents on your tablet. The free version of Microsoft Office has limited functionality and features compared to the paid version. You can only create and edit basic documents, and you cannot access some of the advanced tools and options.
- It takes up a lot of space on your tablet, as each app is a separate download. You might need to delete some other apps or files to make room for it.
Download Link: Microsoft Office
If you need to get directions, find places, or explore the world on your tablet, you need a navigation app like Google Maps. Google Maps is a navigation service provided by Google that offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° interactive panoramic views of streets (Street View), real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for travelling by foot, car, bicycle and air (in beta), or public transportation.
Google Maps also allows you to download maps for offline use in case you don’t have an internet connection or want to save data. You can also save your favourite places or routes for easy access later.
- The app has accurate and up-to-date map data that covers almost every corner of the world.
- Google Maps has a lot of features and options that make it a versatile and powerful navigation tool.
- It is free to use and does not have ads or pop-ups.
- An internet connection is required to function properly, making it less reliable in areas with poor or no internet coverage. The offline maps have limited functionality and features compared to the online maps.
- Google Maps can drain your battery and data quickly if you use it for a long time or in high-resolution mode. You might want to adjust your settings or use a power bank or charger while using it.
Download Link: Google Maps
Clip Studio Paint
If you're looking to tap into your sketching talents on your Android tablet, Clip Studio Paint is an essential app to have in your creative toolkit. It offers a wide range of tools and features tailored to creating comics, manga, illustrations, and animations.
Clip Studio Paint is known for its natural brush engine, which provides a close simulation of real-world painting and drawing experience. The app also offers vector tools, which allow for scalable and editable artwork, as well as 3D modelling tools which can be used for reference and background materials.
- Clip Studio Paint offers a wide array of brushes and tools that closely mimic real-life drawing and painting media. The level of control and customization available is extensive.
- It includes dedicated tools for comic creators, such as panel splitting tools, speech bubbles, and effect lines, which streamline the process of creating comic art.
- Besides static images, Clip Studio Paint provides frame-by-frame animation features, allowing creators to produce short animations.
- Due to its extensive range of features, new users may find the app overwhelming at first, requiring some time to learn and get used to.
- Unlike some basic drawing apps, Clip Studio Paint is not free. While there is a one-time purchase option for the PC version, the Android version requires a monthly subscription after the initial free trial.
- Some users may find the interface less intuitive compared to other apps, and while it's customizable, finding the optimal setup can take time.
That’s all for our list of the best apps for Android tablets. We hope you found some useful and fun apps to enhance your Android tablet experience. Let us know in the comments which apps you like the most and why.