If you’re experiencing the Quest 3 not pairing to phone issue, don’t worry, it’s a fairly common problem to have. Though the common fixes for this issue are quite simple to do, they may not be obvious to try out. That’s why we’ve come up with this handy guide to help you get started on fixing your Quest 3 pairing problems.
The Quest 3 can be paired with other devices to enhance your virtual reality experience. For example, you can cast the Quest 3 to a TV so that your friends can watch you play a VR game.
Mobile devices have some VR apps as well, so you can tell how the Quest 3 not pairing to phone can easily be an issue. So, let’s figure out how to solve the problem so you can go back to using your favorite mobile VR apps.
How to fix Quest 3 not pairing to phone
Most of the time, you just need to try out some basic troubleshooting steps like restarting your devices to resolve the Quest 3 not pairing to phone issue. These fixes are pretty quick and simple to do, so you don’t have to worry about messing up any settings on your phone or VR headset.
Here are some things you can try to get your Quest 3 paired up with your phone.
- Restart both the headset and your phone.
- Restart your router or modem.
- Have both devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure both devices are using the same Facebook account.
- Check if Bluetooth and Location Services are enabled on your phone.
- Clear Oculus app data.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Oculus app.
You can try pairing your Quest 3 to a phone after each item listed above. If you’re still having trouble connecting the two devices, you may want to get in touch with the Meta Quest Help Center.
Common causes for Quest 3 not pairing to phone
The most common cause for Quest 3 pairing issues is being connected to a slow or unstable internet connection. However, it may not be the only thing preventing the connection between your phone and your VR headset.
Here are some more common causes for the Quest 3 not pairing with your phone.
- Each device is connected to different networks.
- Bluetooth and Location Services are not enabled on your phone
- You’re logged in to the Oculus app using a different Facebook account.
- Using an outdated version of the Oculus app.
- Outdated or corrupted files in the Oculus app.
Dealing with this issue may be extremely annoying, but know that these causes don’t pose any real threat to your devices.