The Quest 3 from Meta lets you take your gaming to the next level by sharing your experiences with others through streaming to your phone. Wondering how to stream Quest 3 to a phone? We've got you covered with a detailed guide to walk you through the entire process.
Connecting your Quest 3 to your phone opens up a world of possibilities, allowing friends to join in and assist you without the need for a large TV. Plus, with a free app and easy device connection, you'll be ready to dive into the details and unlock a whole new level of shared VR experiences. Let's get started!
But before we show you how to stream Quest 3 to a phone, feel free to take a look at our guide on whether you can play Quest 2 games on Quest 3. On top of that, you can also read our article on how to connect your Apple AirPods to Quest 3.
Quest 3 - how to connect to a phone
To connect your Quest 3 to your phone and stream the game to its screen, you'll need to download the official Quest app from Meta from the AppStore or Google Play Market. Ensure you have an available Wi-Fi network with a good internet connection, then sign up for the app and follow the instructions to complete the initial setup. Once the app is up and running, you need to follow these steps to start broadcasting video to the screen of your mobile device:
- During the initial setup, connect your Meta Quest 3 app to the Wi-Fi network that will be used for pairing. After that, make sure that your device is also connected to Wi-Fi, namely to the same network as your app.
- Once the program and the headset are connected to the same network, open the Meta Quest 3 app on your phone. Right on the start screen, at the top, you will see the Cast option.
- By selecting the Cast button, you will see a small drop-down menu with all your Meta devices that have been connected to it. If both the app and the headset are connected to the same network, your new Quest 3 should be on this list. It will be marked with a green Nearby sign in the app.
- Tap on your Quest 3 in the list to open the device window, where you will see the Cast button again. Click on it, and you should see another menu with devices. If you did everything right, you should see Connected next to your headset. From time to time, you may encounter the problem that after clicking on the Cast button, a black screen appears. Just click on the cross to close the window and click Cast again. Most often, this issue occurs when more than one device is connected to the app.
- When you finally get to the Cast window and your Quest 3 is connected correctly, the only thing left to do is to press the blue Start button and wait.
The main benefit of connecting Meta Quest 3 to your phone is that those who are watching it can also control some of the device's functions. For example, they can launch the Quest 3 tutorial, recentre overview, open various applications, or use the settings menu.
That's all you need to know to stream Quest 3 to a phone. And once you're done here, check out our article on how to connect Quest 3 to Xbox.