Congratulations on your new Samsung Galaxy S24/S24 Ultra/S24 Plus. Now that you've got your hands on this cutting-edge device with Galaxy AI, it's time to transfer all your important data from your old Samsung S23 to S24.
Upgrading to a new smartphone is always exciting, but the thought of moving all your precious data, settings, and memories can be daunting. Fortunately, Samsung's intuitive app simplifies this process, ensuring a smooth transition to your S24 series.
This guide will walk you through the process of transferring data from your old Samsung S23 to your brand-new S24. Before we start, ensure both phones have sufficient battery life or are plugged into chargers during this process.
How to transfer data from Samsung S23 to S24
The easiest way to transfer data from Samsung S23 to S24 is using the Smart Switch app. It's usually pre-installed on newer Samsung phones. If not, you can download it from the Google Play Store or the Samsung Galaxy Store.
Here are the steps to transfer data from Samsung S23 to S24:
- Connect your devices via micro-USB or USB-C with a USB-OTG (On-The-Go) adapter. Wireless transfer is available but we recommend wired.
- After connecting the devices, a prompt will appear on your new phone. Select "Smart Switch" from this prompt and choose "Receive data".
- Your new phone will display the data types available for transfer. Select the content (like contacts, photos, apps, etc.) you wish to transfer.
- Once you've made your selections, tap "Transfer" to start the process. The data will begin transferring from your old phone to your new one.
- Keep the devices connected until the transfer is complete. This duration will depend on the amount of data being transferred.
And that's how you transfer data from Samsung S23 to S24. If followed correctly, your new device should now be fully equipped with all your essential data, set up and ready for you to dive into the enhanced experience of your S24.