Looking for an easy way to get rid of scratches on your Apple Watch? We have got you covered. Basically, it's the same process as fixing deep scratches on an iPhone screen.
Since your Apple Watch is exposed to many elements, it is prone to scuffs and scratches. Whether it's from regular wear and tear or simply from being dropped, eventually you may get scratches on your watch. Even a minor scuff or scratch can ruin the appearance of your watch - even if you clean your Apple Watch band and glass periodically.
Fortunately, there are some DIY home methods for removing scratches from your Apple Watch and we're going to walk you through the process step-by-step. Let's get started!
How To Get Rid Of Scratches On Stainless Steel Apple Watch
Before you try any of these methods, turn off your Apple Watch and remove the band. Also, we recommend masking your watch glass to prevent any damage. If you plan to wear gloves, which we recommend, put them on.
Remove scratches from the apple watch with a metal polishing wipe
For this method, we recommend Cape Cod metal polishing cloths.
- Grab the pre-soaked polishing cloth and start wiping back and forth on the problem area. As you are polishing, you will notice that the cloth is starting to look black. It's natural, don't panic.
- Once you remove all the scratches, grab your microfiber cloth and give it a run over the Apple Watch surface to remove any polish residue.
Remove scratches from the apple watch with toothpaste
For this method, we recommend you can use any brand of toothpaste, but not gel-based toothpaste.
- Dab a small amount of toothpaste onto a microfiber cloth. A soft microfiber cloth is preferred as it is a non-abrasive and lint-free cloth.
- Gently rub the cloth in circular motions on the affected part until you see the scratches disappear.
- Finally, wipe your screen with a slightly dampened, fresh microfiber cloth to remove any excess toothpaste.
Get an anti-scratch matte hardcover with tempered glass film like this one from Miimall to protect your Apple Watch from future scratches.
How To Remove Scratches From Apple Watch Aluminum
To remove scratches from your aluminium Apple Watch and restore its shine, we recommend Blue Magic metal polish cream. It is a non-abrasive polish cream for all metal surfaces including brass, copper, sterling silver, aluminium, stainless steel and gold.
Assuming you have turned your Apple Watch off, removed the band and covered its face, let's begin.
- Apply a small amount of cleaning solution onto a microfiber cloth.
- Then, gently glide the cloth in circular motions over the Apple Watch exterior, taking care to spend extra time on places with more scratches.
- Rub a fresh microfiber cloth over the surface of the Apple Watch to clean the polish residue.
To protect your Apple Watch from future scratches, equip your watch with an anti-scratch matte hardcover with tempered glass film like this one from Miimall.