Today we'll be addressing a common issue that many Steam Deck users face - not being able to see or use it on their smart TV. If you have this problem too, don't worry, because today we will show you how to fix Steam Deck not showing or working on Smart TV.
Before we begin, it's important to follow the instructions carefully to achieve the desired result. Make sure to read through each step and try them out one by one until the issue is resolved.
How to fix Steam Deck not showing or working on Smart TV
Here are all the steps you can take to fix the issue, from the easiest to the most complex:
Restart your device
Try restarting your Steam Deck by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds, or through the settings by following these steps:
- Click the "Steam" button (located at the bottom left next to the display).
- When you click on the button, you will see the menu that opens, in which you need to find and press the Power button.
- Now, in the new menu, you need to find and press the Restart button to restart your device
If this does not work, try the next solution.
Check for updates
This problem can also occur if you have an outdated version of the system of your device. To check this, go to the settings, and then the System tab. After this, select the Check For Updates option. If the update is available, you will be able to download it (don’t forget to restart the device after the update).
Check your HDMI
Most often, the problem arises precisely because of problems with the HDMI cable, here are the steps to take to find out if something is wrong with it:
- Make sure your TV is in HDMI mode. You may not have switched to this mode, so your Steam Deck is not broadcasting games.
- Make sure that the HDMI cable is not damaged and that all ports are functional.
If you're in the correct display mode and haven't noticed any damage to your wires or devices, try the following steps:
- Attach the HDMI cable to the Steam Deck without utilizing a power cable.
- Go straight to the Home screen.
- Connect your Smart TV to the Steam Deck and then attach the official Dock.
- After this, you should see a message on the screen informing you that the update is available.
- If you see this message, be sure to download and install the update.
- Reboot your Steam Deck
If this method doesn't work, try a different USB Type-C adapter, which in some cases solves the problem.
Contact Steam Deck support
If none of the above steps helped you, we recommended you to contact Steam Deck Support. You can fill out a ticket with information about your problem on their official website, after which they will assist you after a certain time interval. If you are looking for more content like this, feel free to read our guide on how to fix the Steam Deck controller not working issue.