Using an app to chat and interact with our friends, along with sharing pictures and stories, is always a lot of fun. But sometimes you need a little bit more interaction, perhaps we want our friends to weigh in on a difficult topic or we need their opinion on a burning question. So, how to do a poll on Snapchat? Let's find out.
This is a feature that's being built in on many different social media apps, from Twitter to TikTok, as users want other users to voice their opinions and it is a fun way to invite people to interact as well.
But how to do a poll on Snapchat? Follow this guide and you will find out.
How to do a poll on Snapchat
Snapchat has a handy built-in poll feature that is also quite simple to use. Here's how to post a poll to your Snapchat story:
- Open the app;
- Take a picture with your camera, this will be the background of your poll;
- Tap the sticker button;
- Choose the poll button at the top of the drawer;
- The "Ask a question" box will appear, type out what you want to ask;
- Tap done when finished;
- By default Snapchat features two thumbs up/down buttons, if you wish you can change them by tapping on them and then swap them out with a different emojis;
- Move around the poll to your desired location on the screen;
- Tap the stories button, to choose which stories to send the poll to;
- You can choose between your normal (My Story) story, private or public as well;
- The poll can also be shared on multiple stories;
- Finally, tap the arrow button to post the poll.
It is very easy to create a poll on Snapchat, as to invite both strangers and friends to interact with our post and voice give their opinions.
How to check and share the poll results
Snapchat allows to both check the results of the poll and even share them with your friends, if you wish. Here's how to do it:
- Tap the profile button in the app, in the top left;
- Choose the story button with the poll;
- Tap the three dots button in the top right;
- Choose the question to see the results;
- If you want to share it, tap "send results";
- Select the stories you wish to send results to;
- Tap the send button to share the results.
It is good to remember that Snapchat’s polls are not anonymous. You can view which users have voted on your polls as well as others can see if you have weighed in on theirs. If you wish to create anonymous polls, there are several third party apps which will allow you to do so. For example, SurveyMonkey allows you to customize the design of the poll and even filter results and data.
This is all you need to know on how to poll on Snapchat. But if you’re looking for more tips and tricks to get more out of the app, we definitely recommend you check out our guides on how to half swipe and how to unblock someone.