Creating a scene in OBS or Streamlabs is a key step if you want to launch a stream. Scenes will open up plenty of scenarios for you and make your stream look much more professional, so here we will show you how to create scenes in both OBS and Streamlabs.
We will also share information on how to use scenes. So after reading this article, you will definitely have some new ideas for organizing your stream.
How to create scenes in OBS
Although Streamlabs is based on the open-source OBS project, the interface of these programs is still slightly different. That's why we're going to tell you how to create scenes in OBS first.
- Launch OBS.
- You will see 5 tabs at the bottom of the screen:
- Audio Mixer
- Scene Transitions
- In the lower-left corner of this tab, you'll find a button with a plus icon.
- Click on it.
- Then OBS will ask you to name the scene.
- If necessary, change the name of the scene to the one you want and click OK.
That's all, then follow the same logic to add sources, and adjust the sound, and you'll be one step closer to fame.
How to create scenes in Streamlabs
- Launch Streamlabs.
- Log in with your Streamlabs ID if you haven't already.
- This time you will see fewer tabs, but the one we need is still the first.
- Once you've found the first tab, click the button with the plus sign right next to your Streamlabs ID account name.
- Next, enter the name of the new scene, or leave it as the default and click Done.
Thereafter, the scene will be created and you can continue to adjust your stream.
How to use scenes in OBS/Streamlabs
Scenes are an essential element that you need to use to achieve your goals. To get inspired for interesting ideas, you can watch other streams and analyze them in terms of the settings. Also, we're going to tell you what you can use scenes for to improve your content:
Scenes allow you to structure your content into different scenarios or areas. For example, you can have separate scenes for game content, discussions with viewers, breaks, or advertising announcements.
Using scenes helps make your stream look more attractive and professional. You can place elements like a webcam, titles, logos, animations, and more to create your own unique look.
Effects and visual transitions
With scenes, you can create different effects and use visual transitions between them. This allows you to seamlessly switch between different parts of the stream and keep your viewers engaged.
Increase interaction with the audience
With scenes, you can easily switch between different modes and content, allowing you to respond more effectively to audience comments and suggestions.
Marketing and branding
Scenes can be used to display logos and to advertise products or partners.
That's it. Once you're done here, make sure to take a look at our guide on how to raid on Twitch.