If you switched to Chromebook from the classic Windows laptop or MacBook, there might be a lot of problems with navigating the system. Some primary functions work differently, which might be a challenge even for PC geeks. This guide is here to describe how to copy and paste on Chromebook.
We will cover everything you need to pass information quickly, which is essential for every PC user nowadays. No matter your skill level, we're here to help you find out how to copy and paste on Chromebook. You'll find all the information you need below.
And if you want to read more guides, please check our article on how to fix Chromebook black screen. Also, we've got a guide on how to connect PS5 controller to Chromebook.
How to use copy and paste on Chromebook
We will explain in detail how to copy and paste text, images, and even videos.
When copying and pasting text, everything is even more straightforward than you might think. Follow the quick steps below:.
- Drag the cursor over the text and then release your fingers to highlight the desired text.
- Once the text is selected, copy it by pressing Ctrl + C. Alternatively, you can right-click your mouse and select the option Copy in the newly-appeared window
- With the text in your clipboard, you can use Ctrl + V to paste it. Alternatively, you can right-click using the mouse and select the option Paste
While copying text, consider that the portion of text is in your clipboard until you use Ctrl + C and copy new text. Also, Chromebook doesn’t support text formatting while copying text. So, you should adjust the character's style yourself when it is needed.
If you want to copy and paste photos, everything is more challenging than with text. Still, it won’t be a problem even for kids. Just follow the quick guide below to copy photos on your Chromebook freely:
- First, hover the mouse on the photo you want to copy. Then, press the right button on your mouse or hold Alt while using a Touchpad.
- In the pop-up window, select the option Copy Image.
- Then, find where to insert a recently copied photo and press Ctrl+V. Alternatively, you can right-click using the mouse and select the option Paste. Using Touchpad, hold Alt while pressing on it.
Once you know how to copy and paste text and photos, it is time to discover how to do it with videos. It is a little bit more challenging. Check the list below for step-by-step instructions to copy/paste videos on Chromebook:
- First, hover the mouse on the video you want to copy. Then, press the right mouse button or hold Alt while using a Touchpad.
- In the pop-up window, choose from three options: Copy video URL, Copy video URL at the current time, or Copy embed code. Every single option is good. Opt for the most appropriate one depending on your purposes.
- Then find where you want to paste a recently copied photo and press Ctrl+V. Alternatively, you can right-click and select Paste. If you are using a touchpad, press and hold Alt.
That’s it with copying and pasting on Chromebook. As you can see, nothing is challenging about it. Chrome OS works like Windows and MacOS, with a slight difference while using a Touchpad. And before you go, check out our guide on how to improve GeForce Now performance on your Chromebook.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Tech and How To page.