Apple launched the era of wireless headphones and are still the best in the industry, which is why even Android smartphone users often prefer AirPods. If you're one of them, our guide on how to connect AirPods to Android phone will help you.
Of course, AirPods work best with iPhones due to their ecosystem, but many people don't want to give up their Android OS for headphones. Luckily, AirPods can be connected to Android devices without any problems, although in this case, some functions will be unavailable.
By the way, if you're looking for even more content, check out our guide on how to connect your AirPods to your Chromebook. Also, here's our article on how to check your AirPods battery status on your Android mobile, feel free to check it out.
How to pair AirPods with an Android device
All you need to connect AirPods to your Android phone is an enabled Bluetooth. Follow the instructions to pair them:
- On your phone, go to Settings.
- Go to Connected Devices. Depending on the model, this section may be called differently and is usually the section with the Bluetooth settings.
- Next, tap Pair new device.
- Now bring the AirPods to your device and open the charging case.
- Press and hold the setup button. If you have AirPods Max, press and hold the noise control button and then wait until the status light turns white. The noise control button is located on the top of the right earbud.
- After that, AirPods will appear in the list of available devices. Tap on it.
- Next, you will be prompted to confirm the connection. Depending on the phone model, it may look different. You may also be prompted to grant access to your contact list and call history. It is worth allowing this if you are connecting to your own device.
If you do everything right, AirPods will connect to your device and will most likely connect automatically in the future. Of course, some features offered by the Apple ecosystem will not be available to you, but even this problem can be partially solved by third-party software.
Once you're done here, make sure to take a look at our article on how to connect your AirPods to your HP laptop.