Devices running Chrome OS have been getting some attention lately, and in this article, we are going to tell you how to connect a PS4 controller to your Chromebook. With the help of this small thing, you will be able to comfortably play your favorite games.
Even though the Chromebook is not a popular gaming platform, there are lots of gamers who would like to connect their PS4 controllers to it. Fortunately, it’s not that difficult and you just need to follow a simple procedure.
How to connect a PS4 controller to Chromebook
Chrome OS is a Linux-based system, which means it doesn’t work well with most video games. However, you can still run some Android projects or use emulators. In order to connect your PS4 controller to the Chromebook, you will need to follow the next steps:
- Turn on your Chromebook
- Take your PS4 controller
- Hold down the Share button and the PlayStation button for a short period of time
- Wait until the front part of your controller starts blinking light blue
- Click on the bottom right control panel of your Chromebook. Yes, the one that shows you the time, battery charge, and Internet connection status
- Click on the Bluetooth button and turn this feature on
- Search for your controller. It should appear among all wireless devices that your Chromebook can connect to
- Connect your PS4 controller
- If your controller is connected, it will start glowing blue instead of blinking light blue
- Enjoy your favorite games
As you can see, connecting your PS4 controller to a Chromebook is not that complicated. So, you can easily play your favorite games with a well-designed controlling device from Sony. Just make sure your Chromebook’s Bluetooth is turned on and everything should work just fine! And before you go, check out our guide on how to connect PS5 controller to Chromebook.