Wondering how to check the laptop fan performance in Windows 10? We have got you covered!
A laptop fan is essential to its performance, and even the best gaming laptops will struggle when one isn't doing the right job. It helps cool down the processor, which makes sure that the system works smoothly.
If your fan is not working properly, it can cause the processor to overheat. This will slow down the system. You don’t want this to happen, do you? So it is necessary to keep tabs on your laptop’s fan performance, which ensures that it is working correctly. We have come up with a few ways that you can check this. Let's get into it!
How to check if a laptop fan is working in Windows 10
Checking if your laptop fan is working properly is a very important task, and you should do it whenever your laptop overheats or becomes sluggish. If you are suspicious that your fan is not working properly, here is how you can determine whether it is working or not.
- Place your ear up to the air vent of your laptop and listen for fan movement. If it is running, you should be able to hear it. If you can't hear it, you can try further methods to test your fan.
- Place a piece of paper over the fan vet. You may not be able to hear the fan, but you will be able to see if the piece of paper is being blown about, even if it's just a little bit. This will also determine if the fan is working or not.
Alternatively, you can use software to get a deeper view of the status and performance of your laptop fan. We will discuss it in the next section. Keep reading!
- Read More: How to clean your PC fan
How to check laptop fan performance in Windows 10
SpeedFan is arguably the easiest way to check the laptop fan performance in Windows 10. It is software that helps you change your laptop's fan speeds, read the temperatures of your motherboard and your hard disk, read voltages and fan speeds, and check the status of your hard disk.
To check the laptop fan performance in Windows 10:
- Download and install SpeedFan from the official website.
- Open the app and wait for it to gather and load data about your system.
- Once the necessary data has been collected, you will be able to view your fan speed, CPU & GPU temp as well as HDD temp.
- Click on the Charts tab, select fan speeds from the dropbox next to Analyze and check the CPU Fan box under it.
- Immediately, you will be able to a graph of the performance of your laptop fan.
That's it! If it turns out that your laptop is overheating, learn how to fix an overheating laptop without taking it apart. Also, you can increase the fan speed via the SpeedFan software to cool down the components in your laptop.