Want to know how to change google background? We have a guide for you. Chrome is the most popular web browser today, regardless of your device or location, and there is a good chance that you use it quite often to search for and view content.
Chrome's default background is a basic white theme that provides a clean and professional look. If you are bored with it and want to know how to change google background, Then you have come to the right place. You can change the background to make it look more compelling or customize it as per your taste.
We have provided a step-by-step guide on how to change google background below. But before jumping into that, you can also check out our guide to using Chat GPT for free.
How to change Google background - uploading your preferred image
Google already offers quite some options, but if that doesn't interest you, feel free to add your preferred image. Here is how you can do it:
- Ensure your Chrome is up to date with the most recent version, as the old version does not support these features.
- Located or download the image you wish to utilize on your device
- A lower-quality picture will be enlarged and not look good as the background. We advise using a high-quality photo instead.
- Launch Google Chrome on your device and open a new tab.
- Click on the pen icon in your screen's bottom right corner.
- The modification menu will open up. Choose upload from the device option.
- Select one from your computer or click the chrome background button to choose one.
- Find and select your desired image from your device and upload it.
- Remove the image, select the pen icon once more and choose no background.
Using Google Themes
Google's default background theme is always white, but many other options are in-built. You can select one of these to get rid of the dull, plain white background. It's pretty easy to do, but if you are unaware, don't worry. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Select customize and control google, located in the top right corner.
- Select Settings
- Go to the theme under the appearance section.
- Choose a theme from the many available options and click add to Chrome.
- The wallpaper will automatically change after a short while
Using Solid Colors
If you don't want a pattern or showcase an image but want to change the background's colour, it can also be done. The steps to change the background colour of google chrome are as follows:
- Launch Chrome and select customize the theme from the menu located in the lower right
- Choose a colour of your choice. You can also create your own colour and theme page.
- Once done, apply the changes and click finish.
Using Chrome Extensions
You can also use various Chrome extensions to change your google background. Visit the Chrome web store, choose extensions, and type 'backgrounds' or a similar term into the search box. Now add an extension that changes the background to your Chrome.
How to Return to the Default Theme in Google Chrome?
- Launch Chrome, then select Settings.
- Select Appearance from the menu on the left.
- Simply select Reset to Default.
With this, we come to the end of this guide article. You should now know how to change google background and multiple ways to do it. Feel free to check out our other guides, such as How to measure tv size explained and How to Screenshot in Mac Pro.