If Disney Plus is crashing on your PS5, you are not alone.
PlayStation 5 now has a native Disney Plus app (with 4K support) and the console owners are over the moon about it. Not everyone, though.
While many users are enjoying the service in ultra HD, there are some who are experiencing issues. Users have reported that the service just keeps crashing on the PS5, making it impossible to stream.
If you’re one of those unfortunate enough to be experiencing this, there’s hope. We have all the info you need to get the service working again.
How to fix Disney Plus crashing on PS5
You are on the edge of your seat, watching the crime thriller unfold, and suddenly the app crashes, ruining the experience for you. We can all agree that it can be a huge annoyance. However, the good news is, you can fix this problem yourself in under 10 minutes.
If your binge-watching session is interrupted by Disney Plus crashing, here are some tips and tricks to help you get back on track.
- Server outage is the most common cause of crashing. So, go over here and see if the Disney servers are down. If they are down, you may need to wait until they become up and running.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Disney Plus app.
- While it may seem like a silly suggestion, restarting your console will often fix the crashing issue. Give it a try!
- Try clearing your PS5 cache as a corrupted cache can cause apps to crash.
- Finally, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. It will remove any damaged files from your console and iron out any issues.
If none of the suggestions seems to work, you have only one option left. You will need to contact the support team at Disney Plus and report the issue. Hopefully, they will be able to help you out.
Read More: How to fix Disney Plus login error on PS5
Why does Disney Plus keep crashing on PS5?
Well, there are a few reasons why Disney Plus keeps crashing on your PS5. Server outages, corrupted cache, software bugs, and an outdated app are the most common causes of crashes. Other than that, you can also experience a crash due to issues with your console.
The troubleshooting tips we outlined here will help you to fix the crashing issue unless the problem is with the Disney Plus servers. There is nothing we can do but wait if the issue is server-side.
But in most cases, our suggestions will do the trick. If you encounter the Disney Plus error code 42 or error code 1028 once you are back in the app, come back here as we've compiled a list of solutions that may help you fix the issue.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Tech page.