If you're considering a gaming desk, then you might find yourself wondering whether or not they are worth your investment. Surely any desk does pretty much the same job?
Today, we're going to take a look at what gaming desks have to offer, and the important factors for you to consider before making a decision. After all, gaming desks can be very expensive, so you want to know that it's worth the investment.
Are Gaming Desks Worth It?
Before jumping in and buying a gaming desk, you need to know why it would be worth it for you. How will it improve your setup? What does it offer that an ordinary desk can't?
We'll examine the key questions. And we'll begin by explaining exactly what a gaming desk is, and how it differs from a "regular" desk.
Read More: Best Wireless Mouse 2022: Top Picks For Mice Available Now
What Is a Gaming Desk?
A gaming desk is a computer desk that is designed specifically with gamers in mind. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and often offer features that you might not find on an ordinary desk - things like headphone hooks, or cable management systems.
They can often look far more interesting and dramatic than a standard office desk as well. And most gamers will have a very clear idea of the way they want their setup to look and feel. Many come with in-built lighting, allowing you to create a set-up that really reflects your personality.
Benefits Of A Gaming Desk
The fact that these are designed with gamers in mind means that you will be able to find something that really suits your needs. Whether you want something large or small, something set up to support multiple monitors, or even an adjustable sit-stand desk, there is something out there for everyone.
If you are going to be using your gaming desk for extended periods, then having something that is ideally suited to your needs will be beneficial. It will make you more comfortable, make your computer easier to use, and in theory, could even improve performance as a result.
What To Consider In a Gaming Desk
If you are thinking about buying a gaming desk, then there are a few factors to bear in mind before committing to something.
- Perhaps most obviously, think about how big you need your desktop to be. You'll need to ensure it can comfortably accommodate all equipment, without you having to sit uncomfortably.
- Next, consider the height of the desk. If it's too tall, you'll potentially be straining your neck, or be unable to put your feet on the floor. Too short, and you'll start hunching over. Neither of these is good from an ergonomic standpoint.
- If you are the sort of player who likes to swap between sitting and standing (which may be beneficial if you play for extended periods) then you may want to consider an adjustable desk that lets you sit or stand comfortably.
- Think about the features you want as well - will you need a heaadphone hook? A cable tidy?
- Finally, think about how much gaming you do, or will be doing. This will be a big factor in deciding whether you need a gaming desk, or whether you can "make do" with a more conventional alternative.
Read More: Is An Ergonomic Keyboard Worth It?
Deciding whether or not to buy a gaming desk is very much a personal choice. There are plenty of good reasons why you might want to get one, especially if you play a lot. They can benefit you in terms of ergonomics, space, and will look great in your gaming space.
On the other hand, if you play games more sporadically, then you may not need to go to the trouble of getting something specifically for your gaming. If you are using a desk at the moment, and it does everything you need it to, then it definitely begs the question as to whether a gaming desk will really enhance your experience.
Looking For a Gaming Desk?
If you are considering a gaming desk, then here are a few of our favourites, that we think are worth considering:
- Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk - This comes with a full surface, water resistant mouse pad, a large surface to fit your rig comfortably, and an excellent cable management system. It can even hole up to 3 large monitors, and is height adjustable.
- Respawn 3010 Gaming Desk - This desk is height adjustable, has lots of accessory storage, and a raised monitor shelf, to make sure your monitor is at eye level.
- Vitesse Gaming Desk - Another large desktop provides you with plenty of space for your gaming equipment. It also has a 4-port smart USB charger, a hook for your headphones, and a cup holder. Which could be invaluable during those marathon gaming sessions.