A hard reset for almost all devices and gadgets has one thing in common - it erases everything, and the PS5 hard reset is no exception to that.
If your PS5 frozen console error keeps happening or your PS5 is not connecting to the internet, a hard reset is the final, nuclear solution that could help your console. If you do implement a PS5 hard reset, all the data saved on your storage will be gone. But most of the time it's for the better where it can solve various errors on your system.
But do think twice, or even thrice, before doing so. It's hard to regret things these days, including the hard reset. With that being said, here's how to hard reset the PS5.
How to hard reset the PS5
Here's what you need to do in order to do a hard reset to your PS5 system and console.
- Go to Settings on your home screen and choose System.
- Select the System Software option and choose Reset Options.
- Click on the Reset Your Console option and confirm it by choosing Reset.
- By doing so, your PS5 system will automatically restart. Follow through the setup process that will be shown on your screen.
But if you prefer not to apply the new system, just turn off your PS5 console.
Read More: How To Fix DualSense Stick Drift on PS5
How to reset the PS5 in safe mode
Another way to reset your PS5 is by doing it while your PS5 is in safe mode.
- Turn off your console by pressing and holding its power button.
- Wait for two beeps that shall make a buzz.
- Proceed by connecting a PS5 controller followed by pressing the PS button.
- End by choosing the Reset PS5 option placed on your screen's safe mode menu.
For more articles like this, take a look at our PlayStation page.