If you’re having a hard time pausing downloads on your PS4 console, then check out our how to pause a download on PS4 guide. PlayStations have turned out to be a flagship gaming platform for Sony as they have dominated the console market for decades.
However, the PlayStation console has a feature that allows it to automatically download multiple games or updates simultaneously, which many players have found annoying. Although this feature cannot be disabled, players can manually pause the downloads.
With that said, here’s a comprehensive guide to pausing downloads on PlayStation 4 console.
How to pause a download on PS4 console explained
Pausing downloads on consoles is pretty easy, and PlayStation 4 is no exception. Here are the steps to do it:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to access the main PlayStation menu.
- From there, navigate to “Notifications” by pushing up on the left thumbstick and pressing the X button.
- Look for the “Downloads” notification and select it by pressing X.
Find the download(s) you wish to pause, press X, then choose “Pause,” and press X again.
- The download should pause now.
- Once the desired game has finished downloading, repeat the above steps and select “Resume” to continue the download.
That is how you can pause a download on your PlayStation 4. Before leaving, make sure to check out more content, like how to fix echoing on the PlayStation 5 voice chat and how to restart PS5 if frozen and won’t turn off.
For more articles like this, take a look at our PlayStation page.