If you are having issues with your Oculus Quest 2 when trying to complete an update, you are not alone. We're here to help explain what you can do if your Quest is refusing to update itself. In addition, we will let you know how long you should expect an update to take. So without further ado, let's crack on, and put those update related frustrations to bed.
What to do if the Oculus Quest 2 won't update
Like almost all computers these days, updates are part-and-parcel of being an Oculus owner. We're already up to v30 in the Quest update series. This update started rolling out in June and brought a raft of new features for users to enjoy. Air Link, Infinite Office improvements, and the option to switch between voice chats - just to name a few.
But if you're trying to apply this update, and having issues, what exactly can you do about it? Well, Oculus suggest the following steps:
- If you haven't already, plug your Quest 2 in using the charger that came in the box.
- Wait at least 30 minutes, or until the device is sufficiently charged.
- Your updates should resume automatically while your headset is plugged in and charging.
- If the updates don't resume within one hour, please reboot your headset.
We'd add the following suggestions into the mix as well:
- Make sure your WiFi network is fully functional. Minimise the number of devices trying to use it, check that there aren't any connectivity issues.
- As an absolute last resort, you can consider performing a factory reset. This will wipe the Quest 2 of all its data, and then when it turns back on, it should download the latest update.
- If nothing seems to be working (or you don't want to try a factory reset) you can contact Oculus support for further assistance.
Read More: How long does it take to charge Oculus Quest 2?
How long does the Quest 2 update take?
While the length of time an update takes can vary, depending on how large it is, we do have some guidelines for the Quest and Quest 2. According to a Reddit thread with a contribution from Oculus Support, if your Quest 2 is updating:
try leaving it plugged in and connected to WIFI for at least 2 hours to install any available updates.
So a couple of hours appears to be considered a 'normal' timeframe for a Quest 2 update to complete. If it is taking longer than this, then following the steps outlined above is your next recommended course of action. And again, if all else fails, contacting Oculus Support will allow them to investigate further for you.