The brilliant PlayStation sequel Horizon Forbidden West is heading to the PC on March 21, 2024.
Following the PC release of its predecessor, Horizon Forbidden Dawn, this massive PS5 follow-up brings all of Aloy’s adventures to PC gamers.
Alongside the main campaign, every pre-existing piece of DLC will also be available to play. This means that the Burning Shores expansion — which takes Aloy to a treacherous volcanic archipelago — will also be fully playable on the platform.
For those who pre-order, PlayStation is also including a number of bonus items to enjoy. Here is the full list of goodies:
- Blacktide Outfit and Blacktide Bow* (available only with pre-purchase)
- Nora Legacy Outfit and Nora Spear* (available only when linking your Steam account to PlayStation Network)
- 2 Special Outfits (Carja Behemoth Elite and Nora Thunder Elite)
- 2 Special Weapons (Carja Behemoth Short Bow and Nora Thunder Sling)
- In-game Resources Pack including ammunition, potions, and travel packs
- In-game Apex Clawstrider Machine Strike Piece
- Exclusive Photo Mode pose and face paint
Of course, being a PC port of the PlayStation 5 game, a number of key enhancements will arrive as well. This includes unlocked framerates, improved resolutions, NVIDIA DLSS 3 upscaling, frame generation and more. The brilliant anti-aliasing technology DLAA is also available for those with power to spare.
Horizon Forbidden West on PC also includes support for multiple monitor types, including ultrawide. The game supports 21:9 ultra-wide, 32:9 super ultra-wide and even 48:9 resolutions alongside single or even triple monitor setups.
Ported by Nixxes, the same studio behind the brilliant Spider-Man PC ports, Horizon Forbidden West PC is expected to be a brilliant port. While the first game’s PC version was underwhelming at launch, it was eventually fixed. Hopefully, this port will be great from the off.
Horizon Forbidden West will be available on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store on March 24, 2024.