If you are wondering how to fix Xbox Remote Play not working, you are in luck. Fixing it is as simple as fixing the PS5 remote play error.
Remote Play is a fantastic feature of Xbox gaming, offering players maximum flexibility over how they play their Xbox games. But if you find Xbox remote play not working, you may never know that joy. And we want you to be happy.
So read our guide, for some guidance on what to do if you find remote play has stopped working. Let's turn that frown, upside down, as our Uncle used to say. Here's how to fix Xbox remote play not working and game again.
How To Fix Xbox Remote Play Not Connecting To Console
There are a number of possible fixes, depending on what the root cause of your connectivity issues might be. And there are a few points that are worth considering before we dive into the most useful solutions to help fix Xbox remote play.
For starters, remember that remote play only supports one connection at a time. So if you are trying to join someone else for a game, you can't. Which may explain the issue. It's also the case that some regions may not support the remote play feature if the Xbox network service isn't available.
But let's assume you fall outside of those scenarios, and that you were playing via remote play quite happily yesterday, but today you are struggling to connect. What then? Let's take a look.
The Most Common Fixes
The first thing to do is check the Xbox status. You can do this on a browser by heading here. Alternatively, you can do this on the Xbox app. On a mobile device, go to Profile > Settings > Support & feedback > Xbox status. This will tell you if there are any outages that may be affecting the service.
- Assuming nothing is wrong with the service, try restarting your Xbox app.
- Make sure you are using the same Xbox account on your app as you've used to enable remote play on your console.
- Sometimes, connection problems arise when your Xbox needs an update. So check for available updates, and try again.
- It may seem obvious, but have you actually enabled remote play? If not, complete the following steps:
- Open the guide.
- Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
- Make sure that Enable remote features option is ticked.
- Restart your console, and restart the device you are using for remote play.
If none of these fixes helps, then consider getting in touch with Microsoft for further support. Hopefully, though, it won't get to this point, and you'll be enjoying remote play again, thanks to the tips we've provided.
Can You Play Games Remotely Using Keyboard and Mouse?
If you are using remote play on a computer, you may be wondering whether you can use a keyboard and mouse instead of your usual joypad.
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Remote play gaming does not currently support mouse and keyboard gameplay.
Microsoft hasn't explained why this is the case. Nor have they given any indication that this is something they are looking to change anytime soon. So don't get your hopes up.
But at least you can use remote play now. So that's something.