Xbox Game Pass Error Code 0x80073CF8 has been rearing its ugly, deformed monster head when players have attempted to download games using the Game Pass service. And then it laughs in your face, as you sit there, crying, pleading for mercy. Like the mean judge on any generic 'talent' show.
Well, like the avuncular host who puts an arm around your shoulder in a definitely-not-creepy way, we'll help you dry those tears by telling you how you can fix Xbox Game Pass Error Code 0x80073CF8. The monster will soon be vanquished.
How To Fix Xbox Game Pass Error Code 0x80073CF8 When Downloading Games
According to Microsoft, Game Pass Error Code 0x80073CF8 has but two possible solutions, and they vary depending upon how you are trying to download your game. In both cases, you need to restart the download. If you are trying to download your game from the Microsoft Store:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 device.
- Select the Microsoft Store icon in the taskbar or Start menu on your device.
- Select See more (...) in the top-right corner of the screen, and then select My Library.
- Select Install next to the game you want to download again.
- If you can't see the game you want to re-download on your library, scroll down to the bottom, and more content should appear.
If you are trying to download your game via the Xbox app:
- Select the Xbox app icon on the taskbar of your device to open the app.
- Select your Xbox gamerpic at the top of the app, and then select Games I own.
- In the list of your purchased games, select the game you want to download again.
What else do we know about Error Code 0x80073CF8?
Error Code 0x80073CF8 occurs specifically when you are trying to download an Xbox Game Pass game on a Windows 10 device. You will receive the following error message:
0x80073CF8Restart this download. This app was downloading but got interrupted. In Downloads and updates, select the resume icon to try again. Manage downloads.
It's an indication that the download was interrupted, but what the specific interruption was, may vary. The good news though, is that this should be a relatively straightforward error to fix. Restarting the download should work, and before long, that game will be yours.