Many of us have been there before. We're excited to play our favorite game and the game just doesn't launch. There is no doubt that this Xbox Game Pass Error 0x803F8003 message is one of the most frustrating messages to see. And sometimes, you even get frustrated enough that you just throw your Xbox controller or keyboard across the room.
If you get this error code when you try to launch a game on Xbox or Windows 10, there's a reason. Let's dive into it!
How To Fix Xbox Game Pass Error 0x803F8003 on PC?
If you’re seeing the Game Pass Error 0x803F8003 on your Windows 10 PC, that means the free trial period for your game has ended. To continue playing the game, you should buy it at the Microsoft Store. Well, that's a bummer. So, the only way to fix the Game Pass Error 0x803F8003 is to buy the game. To buy:
- Open the Microsoft Store
- Search for the game you wish to buy
- Hit Buy on the store listing for the game you want to purchase
- After the purchase is complete, you can then select Install to download the game.
Launch and enjoy your game. No error will stop you now.
Read more: Halo Infinite Download Error: How To Fix Halo Infinite Slow Download Or Not Downloading
How To Fix Xbox Game Pass Error 0x803F8003 on Xbox?
Unlike PC, there are a couple of pointers you can try to get rid of the game pass games not launching error on Xbox. Here you go:
- Try launching the game again
- Go to Home by pressing the Xbox button
- With the focus on the game tile, select the Menu button
- Select Quit.
- Wait at least 10 seconds, and then try launching the game again.
- Restart your console.
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
- Select Restart console > Restart
- After your console has restarted, sign in and try launching the game again.
- Verify the status of your subscription. If expired, renew your subscription. To do so:
- Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find the subscription you want to renew (such as Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Game Pass, or EA Play), select Renew, and then follow the instructions.
- If you don’t see a link to Renew, you’ll need to buy the subscription again in the Microsoft Store.
If none of the above solutions fixed for you the Game Pass Error 0x803F8003, the problem could be related to Microsoft’s end. You can contact the support team for a solution.
Read more: Xbox Game Pass Error 0x80073D23: How To Fix Game Pass Games Not Downloading on PC