If the wittily monikered error code NW-2-5 is stopping you from watching the latest Bo Burnham Netflix special, then that is, as the kids say, going to cause some Big Feelings. Luckily, being the incredibly helpful, terribly good-looking people that we are over here at StealthOptional, we are happy to provide assistance. You'll be back watching the myriad content on Netflix in no time.
Here's our explainer on what error code NW-2-5 actually is, and what you need to do, in order to fix it.
What is Error Code NW-2-5 on Netflix?
NW-2-5 is usually be caused by a network connectivity issue. This means that your Netflix app is unable to communicate with the Netflix servers, preventing you from using it. It is, unfortunately, a fairly common problem, and can be caused by a few different things. You'll usually get the following message:
Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in X seconds.
The error can occur on any device that can stream Netflix. It typically means there is an issue with either the device you are using, your internet connection, or your home network. But what exactly can you do about it?
How to fix Error NW-2-5
There are a few steps that are pretty much universal, no matter what device you are trying to use to watch Netflix. These are as follows:
- Make sure your network allows streaming - if you are trying to use a public WiFi network, you may be blocked from streaming, for example.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet - try using a different app, or a different device, to make sure you are online.
- Restart your device
- If this doesn't work, try restarting your home network. Unplug your router and wait for about 30 seconds before restarting it.
- Consider connecting your device directly to your modem
- Make sure you have decent WiFi signal strength.
If you have a console, there is one extra step, which involves verifying your DNS settings. Netflix have a device specific guide to this here.
If, after completing all these steps, you are still having no success? You can try contacting your Internet service provider to see if there are any issues with how your router is set up. You can also try contacting Netflix customer support for additional help.