While they can be simple companions to have conversations with, AI chatbots have many different uses. For example, they might be used to interpret your code. But how can you make ChatGPT more flexible for specific uses? Simple, let's see how to use ChatGPT plugins.
While many AIs have different uses, such as Bing to make more efficient web searches, developers can even go beyond and create plugins to specifically serve many purposes.
So let's see how to make the AI better serve your every purpose and let's look at how to use ChatGPT plugins.
How to use ChatGPT plugins
First of all, it's important to note that ChatGPT plugins are currently exclusive to ChatGPT Plus users. However, if you are a standard ChatGPT user, you have the option to join the waitlist and gain access to these plugins in the future.
In order to use plugins on ChatGPT you have to enable them first, just follow these simple steps:
- From the main chat, click the three-dot icon at the bottom left.
- Select "Settings" then "Beta features".
- Now switch "Plugins" on.
- Close the Settings window and go to the top of the screen, where the GPT-4 model is.
- Check the option for "Plugins [Beta]".
- Click the dropdown arrow, where it says "No plugins enabled".
- Now select the store so you can start installing plugins.
- If a window opens with information, just click OK to close it.
Now you can browse the store for plugins you might be interested in and install them. After that, clearly, you should ask for prompts related to that plugin, in order to see how it works and what kind of answers you might get from the AI.
For example, if you installed the "trivia" plugin, you can now ask the AI to host specific trivia about, for example, old 50s music or classic Hollywood movies. The AI will start asking questions and you have to guess the right answer.
What are the best ChatGPT plugins?
The selection of the best ChatGPT plugins largely depends on your specific needs and use cases. For example, you might think that a real estate plugin might be quite useful, but if you are not in the market for a new house or a rental, then you might find it not so useful after all.
Here are some examples of some of the plugins which have been rolled out by ChatGPT for the moment:
- FiscalNote: This plugin provides access to select market-leading, real-time data sets for legal, political, and regulatory data and information.
- Expedia: This can be used to have more information if you are planning a trip, sights to see, and prices for hotels and stays.
- OpenTable: If you are lost on where to go to grab a bite, this plugin provides restaurant recommendations, plus a direct link to book a table.
- Wolfram: For all the math enthusiasts out there, use it to access computation, math, curated knowledge & real-time data.
- Speak: Looking to learn something new? With this plugin, you can learn how to say anything in another language as the AI-powered language tutor will aid with pronunciation.
While plugins are only in beta for now, we are sure we will see more examples that might suit your needs more efficiently and make ChatGPT a great tool to make your life easier.