Apple Pay Later is a new service offered by Apple that allows users to make purchases and pay for them at a later time.
This service is designed to provide users with greater flexibility and convenience when it comes to making purchases, particularly larger ones.
In this article, we will explore how to use Apple Pay Later and discuss how it works. So let's get started!
How to use Apple Pay Later
Apple Pay Later is currently only available to customers invited to access a prerelease version. But the company plans to offer the service to all eligible users in the coming months.
To take advantage of Apple Pay Later, there are specific requirements that you must meet. Firstly, you must be at least 18 years old to use the service. Secondly, you must be either a U.S. citizen or a lawful resident with a valid physical U.S. address.
Apple Pay Later is built right into Wallet, so users need to set up Apple Pay Later in Apple Wallet. Here are the steps you need to set up and use Apple Pay Later:
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. On your iPad, go to Settings and tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add (plus icon).
- Tap Set up Apple Pay Later, then tap Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to apply for an Apple Pay Later loan. When you're asked to input your requested amount, enter the total value of the purchase you plan to make using Apple Pay Later including estimated shipping and taxes.
- Tap Next, then verify your name, date of birth, and address.
- Review your personal information, then tap Agree & Apply.
- Review your payment plan information and loan agreement details, then tap Add to Wallet.
Once Apple Pay Later is set up, you can apply for a loan directly in the checkout flow when making a purchase. In Apple Wallet, you can seamlessly view, track, and manage all of your loans in one place.
Whether you're looking to finance the potential iPhone 15, pay for a big-ticket item, or simply manage your expenses more effectively, Apple Pay Later could be a valuable tool in your financial toolkit.
How does Apple Pay Later work?
Apple Pay Later is a service that allows consumers to pay for purchases over time. Designed with users’ financial health in mind, the pay later service allows users to split a purchase into four equal payments over six weeks, with no interest or fees.
The service is available for online and in-app purchases between $50 and $1,000 made on iPhone and iPad devices that support Apple Pay. It is worth noting that Apple Pay Later can only be used at participating online and in-app merchants that accept Apple Pay.
Once Apple Pay Later is set up, you will see the Pay Later option when you select Apple Pay at checkout. When you choose to use Apple Pay Later to make a purchase, Apple will pay the merchant on the user's behalf, and the user will repay Apple for their purchase over time.