Have you been frustrated about your Snapchat notifications not working? Let's see what to do.
It happens to all of us, to realize we have missed a notification from our favourite social media app. For example, you might have missed a Facebook messenger notification or a BeReal notification as well. It definitely seems to be a problem common for many apps.
But we are here to address the problem of Snapchat notifications not working and, luckily, there are a few simple fixes to try.
How to fix the Snapchat notifications not working issue
Notifications play a crucial role in keeping individuals connected and informed in real time. When these notifications fail to function properly, it can result in missed messages, updates, and important interactions.
Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the Snapchat notifications not working issue.
Turn on time-sensitive notifications
The Snapchat notifications not working issue seems to crop up after Snapchat rolled out the time-sensitive notifications feature.
Due to the disruption caused by frequent and annoying alerts, a considerable number of Snapchat users have opted to turn off time-sensitive notifications.
However, this decision to turn off such notifications has been identified as a possible cause for the Snapchat notifications not working issue. So to fix the Snapchat notifications not working issue, turn the time-sensitive notifications back on.
Check if notifications are enabled in-app
Perhaps, the app settings have reset and something has gone wrong, so let's check how to re-enable notifications in Snapchat.
Here's how to do it:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the account icon on the top left.
- Now choose "Settings" and "Notifications".
- Select all the ones you want to receive.
- Leave the menu.
That should fix it, but if you're still not receiving notifications then there must be something else wrong.
Check phone notifications
Perhaps, you have disabled notifications on the app specifically in your phone settings. This is a bit different depending on iOS or Android, but what you want to do is get into your phone settings and re-enable them.
Follow these steps for iOS:
If your Snapchat is not working, you also have to make sure you have enabled the phone notifications for the Snapchat app, except for the internal settings of the app.
To turn on the phone notifications for the Snapchat app:
- Enter "Settings" on your phone and go to "Notifications".
- Tap the Snapchat app.
- Toggle the slider to allow or disable notifications.
For Android phones, it might be different depending on your brand but overall the steps should point you in the right direction:
- Enter "Settings".
- Go to "Notifications" and there should be a list of apps.
- Select "Snapchat" in the list and toggle "Allow notifications".
- Enable all notifications on the screen while scrolling.
This should fix the notifications at a phone level.
Clean app cache (Android only)
Perhaps the problem is that the app is malfunctioning because it's been building up the cache and having trouble running smoothly.
Follow these steps to clean the cache:
- Go to "Settings" then select "Apps".
- Go to "App management".
- Find "Snapchat" in the list of apps.
- Click on "Storage usage" or Data.
- Select "Clear Cache".
- Reboot the app.
This should definitely be a good fix for all Android phones.
If all else fails, you might want to just uninstall the app and then do a clean reinstall. Your data is safe so you can do this step without problems.
Why are Snapchat notifications not working?
This is a generic problem that, as we've seen, can happen on many other social media apps, especially after an update or, perhaps, after installing a new version of your phone or tablet OS.
Here are some possible causes for Snapchat notifications not working:
- Notification settings are not properly configured.
- Do Not Disturb mode enabled on the device.
- App permissions are not granted for Snapchat.
- Outdated version of Snapchat.
- Background app refresh is disabled.
- Battery optimization settings restricting Snapchat.
- Cache or data corruption within the Snapchat app.
- Time-sensitive notifications are disabled.
In conclusion, dealing with the Snapchat notifications not working issue can be frustrating, but with the troubleshooting techniques mentioned here, you can regain the functionality of timely notifications.