Taking screenshots is quite an important feature on many of our devices, perhaps it's just a simple way to remember dates or appointments, or even to share a funny image, but we simply can't do without it. But how to screenshot on iPhone 7?
The smartphone from Apple has been around for several years now, ever since its original release in 2016 but many are still using it to this day, despite Apple having cut off support in late 2022.
Let's find out then how to screenshot on iPhone 7 so we can get back to using this important feature.
How to screenshot on iPhone 7
Normally, the way you take a screenshot on an iPhone is pretty much the same across all devices. This is all about pressing two buttons at the same time and then releasing them. This is how to do it:
- Press the Side button and the Home button at the same time.
- Quickly release both buttons.
- You will see a thumbnail appear for a few seconds in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- Tap the thumbnail to open the screenshot or swipe left to dismiss it.
A pretty simple way to take a screenshot which works on many other devices. Once you have taken the screenshot, you can open it and edit to your heart's content, so you can be sure to send the right one to your friends.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7 without the home and power button
Unfortunately, sometimes we have issues with buttons and they have long stopped working. Still, luckily, there is a solution that Apple has provided us with, which can be found in the Settings menu. While there are ways to counter those problems, especially for the Home button, that means that some shortcuts are definitely more difficult to figure out and do correctly.
So, to take a screenshot on iPhone 7 without the home or power button you can do the following:
- Go to "Settings" and tap "Accessibility";
- Enable AssistiveTouch on iPhone;
- This adds a three-dot on your screen which enables you to select features of the iPhone or even use gestures for them;
- To add a quick screenshot functionality to the menu, select Customize Top Level Menu on the Settings page;
- Select the icon you'd like to substitute by choosing "Screenshot" from the various actions or even use a gesture for it, like a double tap.
That's all we have for you on how to screenshot on iPhone 7. If you're looking for more features for your iPhone, check out our guides on how to reset iPhone 8 to factory settings and how to use Chrome extension.