Add-Ons and DLC for your PS5 games are a major part of the gaming experience for a lot of players. Yes, you've completed the main story, but those additional missions can be as good, and sometimes even better, than the basic content in the game. But sometimes finding that additional content isn't as simple as it could be.
We're here to make that as easy as we can, and in addition, once you've found that add-on content, we'll explain how you can download it as well. Whether you are looking for some wrathful druids in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, a trip to Iki Island in Ghost of Tsushima, or you just want to see what content is available, everything you need to know about add-ons and DLC is right here.
How to find Add-Ons
Sony have made a real effort to clean-up the user interface for the PS5, making it as streamlined as possible. So finding add-ons for your games is a really straightforward process:
If you already own a game that you are searching for:
- Highlight the relevant tile for your game
- Choose View Game
- Scroll down to see the list of available Add-On content
- Select the content you wish to purchase
If you want to have a look at games you don't have on your PS5:
- Open the PlayStation Store from the main dashboard
- Select the search icon in the upper right corner of the store
- Search for the relevant game and select
- Scroll down to the Add-Ons section and select View All Add-Ons
- Select the DLC you wish to download or purchase
It really is as simple as that. So now you've found that add-on you want, how do you actually go about downloading that content? That's what we'll discuss next.
Read More: Can PS5 play PS3 games?
How to Download DLC Content/Find PS5 DLC
You've found the DLC you wanted, and you've purchased it. What then? To download games and add-ons from the PlayStation Store, according to Sony:
- Select Game Library from your Games home.
- Select the purchased game > Download.
- The game will install automatically. Depending on the game, you may have the option to copy and play a portion of the game right away.
- To purchase and download add-ons, search for the game in PlayStation Store, select the game hub and scroll to the Add-Ons section.
- Find the add-on you wanted, press Download, and wait for this to complete.
Once you've completed downloading your content, you are good to go!