You can launch and play Steam games in your Oculus Quest VR headset thanks to its SteamVR feature.
There's a growing list of VR games that are making the most of this genre, arguably since the release of Half Life: Alyx.
However, there's some tasks that need to be carried out in order for Steam games to be played on the Oculus Quest.
With that in mind, here's how to play Steam games on your Oculus Quest peripheral.
Set up the SteamVR on your Oculus Quest headset
If you haven't bought a Quest as yet, and reading this for curiosity's sake, you can buy yours here. It's important to keep in mind that these are a great entry-point to play the VR games available on Steam.
Here are the steps on how to launch SteamVR on your Oculus Quest:
- Launch the Steam app on your PC and log in to your Steam account.
- Download and install the SteamVR function and app by finding it here.
- Then open your Oculus app on your PC as well and log in to your Oculus account.
- Connect your headset via the Oculus Link cable to your PC open port.
- Test your Oculus Link cable by heading to the bottom of your Oculus app window.
- Once it approves, choose the Enable Oculus Link on the window that will show up.
- Go to the Apps bar and select SteamVR.
- And finally, launch your VR games by going to the dashboard of your SteamVR. Press the menu button of your Oculus controller to do it.
If all works out, you will be able to access the Steam games on your Oculus Quest.
READ MORE: How to play SteamVR games on Oculus Rift S