It's worth knowing how to perform an Oculus Quest 2 factory reset, should you be the owner of one. There are a few different reasons why you might need or want to perform a factory reset. So in this article, we'll tell you how to revert your Quest 2 to its original settings. We'll also give you a few of the most common examples of when you may want to do this.
How To Reset Oculus VR Headset To Original Settings
Carrying out an Oculus Quest 2 factory reset is relatively straightforward. Bear in mind that a factory reset will erase all your account data, games and other content from your headset. It can't be undone. But, should you decide the time is right to factory reset your Quest 2, you can do it in one of two ways: via your headset, or via your phone.
Perform a Factory Reset Using Your Headset
- Turn off your headset.
- Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset, and press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes, and press the power button.
Oculus Quest 2 Factory Reset Using Your Phone
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
- Choose the headset connected to your phone.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Tap Factory Reset followed by Reset.
Why You Might Need To Do An Oculus Quest 2 Factory Reset
A factory reset will wipe all the data on your headset and restore your Quest 2 to the software state it was in when it first came out of the box. Most commonly you'll perform a factory reset if you're experiencing problems with the headset - major software crashes, for example.
You might also decide to factory reset your Quest 2 if you want to quickly clear all your games off. Maybe you've played everything on there, and want to free up storage for a raft of new content. Or, maybe you've decided to lend or give it to someone as a gift, and you want to get rid of all your content and account information before handing it over.
Happily, a factory reset on the Oculus Quest 2 is a nice simple process. Giving you the choice of doing it via headset or phone is an equally smart move. If, for instance, your headset is frozen and unresponsive, then being able to do it via your phone makes life a whole lot easier.