Since the relase of the game a few weeks ago, Amazon have emphasised that enabling players to New World server transfer was a priority. The server transfer system, when it finally arrives, will allow players to hop from one world to another. Prior to this, players are limited to the first world they choose. Which is a lot like real life.
The question we will be answering today, is exactly when we can expect to see the New World world transfer feature arrive. We'll also let you know how you can go about transferring between worlds, when the time comes. Think of it like Tinder, but for worlds.
When Will Amazon Add Server Transfers
According to a recent blog post, Amazon have decided to postpone the New World server transfer for a few days, just to make sure everything works as it intended. They stated:
We have the final pieces of the server transfer system tested and ready to go, but we are making a difficult decision to hold it until next week. This was a balance call between honoring a date we told you to expect, versus the disruption of a deployment during a peak play period (the weekend).
This was posted a few days ago, so we should expect the server transfer feature to arrive by the end of this week, all being well. There are still a few limitations around world transfers to be aware of. Amazon have confirmed that:
- You can move your character to any world in your region, except:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- Also, you cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- Finally, you cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
Players will be given one free transfer token. So choose your new world carefully! Once you've decided where you want to go, how exactly do you go about it? We'll cover that next.
How To World Transfer
Completing a New World server transfer isn't particularly complicated. In order to transfer your character:
- Start by logging into your character. This means waiting in any applicable queues.
- Go to the in-game store. You'll see a new tab to claim your character transfer token.
- You must leave your Company.
- Remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders. You cannot transfer until this has been done.
- Make sure your character is located in a sanctuary (for instance, a settlement or outpost).
It's worth bearing in mind that you'll lose your friends list, which is specific to a particular world. You also cannot transfer any active trading post sell or buy orders, or your company membership (again these are world specific). The good news is that you get to keep almost everything else. This includes:
- Character progression
- Faction alliance and progress
- Quest progress
- Houses and housing decorations
Kepp a close eye on @playnewworld on Twitter for further updates on the New World server transfer launch. All being well, it should happen in the next few days.