Lots of users are reporting problems with a New World Easy Anti-Cheat Error. This isn't the first game to suffer from an Easy Anti-Cheat Error. And it almost certainly won't be the last. But we can help. If you're struggling to explore New World, here are our top tips for how to fix New World Easy Anti-Cheat issues.
How To Fix New World Easy Anti-Cheat Issues
In recent days, Steam rolled back a patch, after it was found to be causing EAC issues on a number of games, not just New World. So if you haven't already done so, make sure you download the latest Steam client, as there is a strong possibility that this will resolve the issue for you.
Additionally, the New World forums are filled with players reporting the same Easy Anti-Cheat Error. Amazon has offered a couple of tips that they believe can resolve the problem:
- Their first recommendation is to try reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Open New World in your Steam library
- Go to Settings > Manage > Browse Local Files
- Open the AntiCheat folder
- Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable file
- Press Repair
- Secondly, you can try to verify the integrity of the game files, in case something has been corrupted. To do this:
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files...
- This takes several minutes to complete
What Causes the New World Anti-Cheat Error?
As we highlighted above, this particular New World Anti-Cheat Error seems closely linked to a Steam client update. After the update, a range of games that suffered from EAC related problems - notably includingApex Legends, Dead by Daylight, and Rust, to name but a few.
This is by far the most likely culprit for this specific issue. But there can be other causes as well. Pending software updates, corrupted files, and even other programs interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat (typically firewalls or anti-virus software). So if the above solutions don't seem to be fixing the issue, then start checking for software updates, and make sure you don't have a firewall or anti-virus blocking the EAC software.