MIR4 is an open-world MMORPG that has proved very popular on Steam since its release in August 2021. But in recent weeks, increasing numbers of players have been seeing MIR4 Error Code 8 appear. This has made it difficult, if not impossible, for those players to actually access the game and start playing it.
If you are one of those unfortunate souls, then your luck may be about to change. We've put together some advice to help you know how to handle error code 8, and get back to important business at hand. Here's everything you need to know.
How To Fix 'Unable To Connect To The Game Lobby' Error
If you are struck by error code 8, there are a few steps that may be worth trying:
- A step that we almost always recommend, especially when there are issues with an online game, is to check the status of the server. You can follow their official Facebook and Discord pages for more information. If there is a server problem, then wait until this has been resolved before trying again.
- Assuming there are no issues with the servers, your next step is to start examining your own internet connection. Start by testing other games or apps to ensure your internet is working. Make sure you don't have multiple devices and apps jostling for bandwidth. And also consider restarting your router to try and refresh your connection to the network.
- It can also be effective to simply restart your device and relaunch the game to reestablish a link with the servers.
- Make sure that you don't have an overzealous antivirus or firewall that's blocking your game from working properly.
- Check for any outstanding updates. Often, issues such as this are quickly resolved by a follow-up patch. So keep your eyes peeled for any updates that become available, and install them as soon as you can.
If none of these solutions works, try contacting the game developer for additional help and support.
Read More: How To Fix Pokémon Legends Arceus Not Downloading Error
What Is MIR4 Error Code 8?
MIR4 error code 8 happens to players who are to load the game. It prevents those players from connecting to the game lobby. Which makes it pretty tricky to then start playing the game. It's a little unclear as to why this happens, but the issue does seem to have become more prevalent after a recent game update.
Read More: How To Fix God Of War Crashing At Launch Issue On PC
If this has effected you, or anyone close to you, then try the fixes that we suggested above. Hopefully, another game update will make this error disappear as quickly as it arrived. But until then, our solutions are your best chance of getting back to playing.