Lost Ark has been around for a little while now, but there are still issues that crop up and need dealing with. Issues like Lost Ark error 30005. This error is triggered when players attempt to start the game. And while this can be frustrating, it’s not too big a problem, as there are ways of fixing the issue.
So, let’s go through the steps that will help you solve the problem and enjoy your favourite adventure game. Here's what you need to do.
How to Fix Lost Ark Easy Anti-Cheat Error
Given the strong association between error 30005 and Easy Anti-Cheat, the recommended route to take is to try dealing with EAC first.
- Start by trying to repair EAC. To do this, navigate to the EasyAntiCheat folder. This will be inside the installation folder for the game. Launch EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe. Once this is launched, you will get the option to repair it. Select this, and wait for the process to complete.
- Next, make sure Lost Ark and Windows are both fully updated. You may also wish to ensure you have the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables installed.
- Verify the integrity of your game files. To do this:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
- Once again, wait a few minutes for this process to complete.
- Scan your computer for any malware that may be running. Malware could stop EAC from running properly, by taking significant computing resources away from the game.
- Close any programs/services you don't need that might be running in the background. To do this:
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type in: msconfig and hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check "Hide all Microsoft services" box
- Click Disable all, or untick the ones you dont want running.
If none of these steps works, then we'd recommend that you contact Amazon Games for additional support and advice. You can also take a look at their official Twitter feed @playlostark where they will provide updates on any known issues.
Read More: Lost Ark Server Error: How To Fix Server Authentication Error 10010
What is Lost Ark Error 30005?
Players who have experienced this issue tend to encounter it when they try to launch the game. They receive an error message which states the following: "Couldn't start the game. Error Code 30005". This appears to be strongly correlated to issues with the correct functioning of Easy Anti-Cheat.
Easy Anti-Cheat is, of course, software designed to prevent people from cheating in games. Many games won't let you play them unless the EAC software is running properly, and there are myriad reasons why it may not be. Issues range from other software interfering with it or broken and corrupted files, for example. Other issues might include a need to perform a software update.
Read More: Lost Ark Error 20054: How To Fix The Lost Ark Godsent Error
In most cases, taking the steps outlined above will resolve the issue, and get you back into the game without further delay.