So let's say you've managed to get past the server issues and have got online to play Lost Ark. You've just got yourself a cool new character and acquired yourself some dandy new skills. Then bam! You get hit by Lost Ark error 20054. Reeling from the shock, you may be wondering what you can do next. That's where we come in.
If you've experienced error 20054 - known by many as the Godsent error - then we'll tell you what you need to know. What it is, why it seems to be happening, and what you might be able to do about it. Let's start!
How To Fix The Lost Ark Godsent Error
If you are suffering from the Godsent error, we don't have a guaranteed fix at this point. But there are a few steps that might help and are well worth trying. You're certainly going to be no worse off as a result.
- Start with the classic of restarting the game. If this was one-off, then a restart may be all you need to do.
- Next, verify the integrity of the game files, in case anything has become damaged or corrupted. To do this:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
- This process usually takes several minutes to complete. So be prepared to wait a short while.
- Check for any pending updates. Hot fixes and day one patches often accompany a game launch, or follow soon after. So keep an eye out for any updates, and download and install them as soon as you can.
- This one may not be to everyone's taste. But changing to a different character class may allow you to avoid this error. Who wants to be a Paladin anyway? Not us.
What Is Lost Ark Error 20054?
Lost Ark error 20054 seems to arise when players have just used a skill. Most commonly, the error seems to arise for players who have selected a Paladin character. And in particular, after they have used one of two skills in particular: Godsent Law, and Holy Explosion. When players use these skills, the screen blacks out, and the error code appears. Which doesn't seem to be the intended consequence.
The error seems to be linked to a patch update, although the exact underlying cause is unclear at this stage. And while glitches and bugs are to be expected, especially in the early stages of a game's release, this one is pretty irritating for anyone who wants to play as a Paladin.
While we await an 'official' fix (most likely in the form of another update) try the suggestions we provided earlier. Perhaps these will give you some respite.