Wondering whether Roblox is available on the Oculus Quest 2 or not? We have got you covered!
Roblox does support VR, provided you are using an Oculus Rift or an HTC Vive. But whether or not it is now available on the Quest 2 is the question we're examining today. Unlike the Rift or the Vive, the Quest 2 is designed as a standalone device, so you don't specifically need a PC to use it.
So, has Roblox made a version that is compatible with the Quest 2? Let's find out.
Is Roblox On Oculus Quest 2?
Finally, Roblox is coming to Meta Quest headsets. As reported by The Verge’s Command Line newsletter, we might get the VR port in late 2023.
In the meantime, you can play Roblox on the Oculus Quest 2 using your PC. But it isn't as straightforward as simply purchasing the game from the Oculus Quest store.
It just takes a few extra steps, and then you'll be ready to go. You can do this either by using an Oculus Link cable, or can connect wirelessly to your PC and play that way.
We'll explain everything next.
- Read More: Is Phasmophobia On Oculus Quest 2?
How To Play Roblox In VR On Quest 2
To play Roblox on your Quest 2 via the Link cable, here's what to do:
- Download and install the Oculus app on your PC
- Open the app, click Devices, and Add Headset
- Select your Quest 2, and Continue
- Connect your headset to your PC using the Link cable, and Continue
- Once your PC says the setup is complete, you can hit Close
- Put on your headset, and Enable your Oculus Link
- Within the Oculus app on your PC, go to Settings > General > Enable Unknown Sources
- Choose a Roblox game that supports VR, and press play
- Put on your headset, and off you go.
You can also do the same thing without the link cable by using the Air Link. You need to make sure both your headset and PC are running v28 of the Oculus software. To do this, Oculus advises:
From your PC:
- Download and update the Oculus PC app.
- Open the Oculus PC app and select Settings.
- Select the Beta tab. Select the button next to Air Link.
Connect from your headset for the first time:
- Put on your Quest 2 headset and press the Oculus button to open the universal menu.
- Select Settings then select Experimental Features.
- Find and select the button next to Air Link.
- Read the Air Link Requirements, and then select Continue.
- Find and select your PC in the Available PCs list then select Pair.
- Once pairing is complete, you can now click Launch.
It's worth noting that not every Roblox game will be compatible with VR, so if you are trying to play a specific game without success, this may be the reason.
Read More: Is Skyrim VR On Oculus Quest 2?
Can You Play Roblox On Oculus Quest 2 Without PC?
Currently, you can play Roblox in VR only via your PC since the game is not available in the Oculus Store. However, rumor has it that Roblox will soon be available on the Oculus Quest 2.
Bloxy News, a website dedicated to all things Roblox, tweeted that the game would be coming to the Metaverse soon. Nevertheless, there have been no official announcements from either the folks at Roblox or Meta.