The recent launch of Icarus led to the game becoming one of the most played on Steam, even boasting more concurrent players than Battlefield 2042 at one stage. But this number could have been even greater, were it not for the Icarus 044 error, which has been preventing players from getting in on the action. We'll explain what the 044 error is, and most importantly, how to fix it. As Gloria Gaynor once nearly sang, you will survive. Especially once you've read this.
How to Fix Icarus Failed To Login Error 044
There are only a handful of options available at this point that may allow you to resolve this particular problem:
- Begin by trying a simple restart of the game.
- If this is unsuccessful, then make sure you've downloaded any updates for the game. A patch was released over the last few days, that may help to resolve this issue.
- Verify the integrity of your game files. To do this:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
- The process takes several minutes, so be prepared to wait a while.
If you've done all this and you are still having problems, then you can try and contact the developers, either via surviveicarus.com or via Twitter @SurviveIcarus. But what exactly causes this error? Here's what we know.
Read More: Icarus Game Xbox: Is Icarus on Xbox, and Icarus Game Xbox Release Date
What Is The Icarus 044 Error?
The Icarus 044 error is a "failed to login" error. It stops players from playing online, but the offline option does, at least, remain available. If it's any consolation though, this isn't your fault. On this occasion, it appears that the error was the result of what Dean Hall, the Chief Executive of RocketWerkz explained on Twitter as:
we updated a backend service to remove a broken cert that caused an issue in some areas. It has resulted in people getting kicked - reconnect and your progress is saved!
Read More: Steam 2FA: How To Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Steam
The good news, at least, is that the developers are aware of the issue, and are working on a solution. So keep checking for updates, and hopefully, Icarus error 044 will soon be a thing of the past.