Alongside the release of the PlayStation 5, Sony also released a number of new accessories. Among those accessories was a new wireless headset - the Pulse 3D headset.
Capable of 3D Audio when connected to a PS5, the headphones have received solid reviews. They're a huge part of Sony's audio future, further immersing users into the soundscape of games, movies and music.
But what if you want to use them on your PC? Well, there's no use wondering, you can just do it! Follow our handy guide to discover how to pair the new PS5 headset to your computer in just a few minutes!
Can you use the PS5 Headset on a PC?
The good news is that yes, these headphones are compatible with Windows and macOS computers. This means that if you like these headphones, you can enjoy them on devices other than your PS5.
The even better news, is that it is really easy to use the Pulse 3D on a PC! Just like a pair of PC headphones, connecting Sony's new device takes just a few minutes, even less if you know what you're doing.
Here is everything you need to know to connect them to your computer.
How to use the Pulse 3D Headset on a PC
The Pulse 3D Headset comes with a wireless USB transmitter, which needs to be plugged into an available USB port on your PC.
When you turn on your headset, it will automatically pair with the USB dongle, and install any necessary drivers onto your PC.
Your PC will acknowledge "Speakers (wireless stereo headset)" to confirm the headphones are connected.
In some cases, you may find that you need to configure the sound yourself. To do this:
- Right-click on the audio icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Click on Open Sound Settings. This will open a new window.
- Under Output, click on the dropdown marked Choose your output device.
- Select the 3D Pulse headset from the list, and tweak your settings until you get audio.
What Features Does the Pulse 3D Headset Have?
The Pulse 3D headset comes with a wealth of features to try to deliver the most immersive gameplay experience possible. In no particular order, these include:
- 3D Audio compatibility
- EQ presets, which allow you to customise the headset;s equaliser settings
- Dual hidden microphones. These help to capture your voice clearly when communicating with friends online. They also have noise-cancelling tech, to reduce ambient noise interference.
- As we mentioned above, there is a wireless adaptor that plugs into your PS5, PS4, PC, Mac, and even an Xbox.
- Up to 12 hours of battery life.
- There's also a 3.5mm jack and compatible cable. This allows you to connect your headset to other devices, such as mobile devices (those that have a 3.5mm jack port, of course) and PSVR.