As far as headphones go, Nuraphones are one of the more unique products on the market. Sporting an overhead headphone and an in-ear earphone, the headphones strike the perfect mix between bassy lows and crisp mid-to-high audio.
What makes these headphones even more interesting is that they contain several built in mics and sensors which actually measure your ears and create a unique hearing profile.
Nura’s bespoke technology creates an audio profile perfectly matched to your hearing profile. It’s a novel approach that creates some excellent audio results.
Most headphones would simply require a pairing process before you are able to use them, but Nuraphones take a little longer to get working in the way they are intended to be used.
Before you can start using any of the in-ear wizardry, you’ll need to pair the headphones to your mobile device.
- Place the Nuraphones on your head. This will turn them on and place them in pairing mode.
- Go to the bluetooth settings on your mobile device and search for ‘Nuraphone XXX’- the xxx is your headphones unique pairing number
- Connect to the Nuraphones
Your headphones and device of your choosing should now be connected and you can move on to the interesting part.
Building a sound profile
Building a sound profile with your Nuraphones will create a unique audio experience. The Nuraphone App will create a profile based on how it believes your ears receive sound, and while that sounds quite complicated, the process is quite simple.
- Firstly, you will need to download the Nuraphone app on either your iPhone or Android system. You can find the store pages for the app here:
- With the app downloaded, you’ll need to create an account and login in.
- Connect your Nuraphones via bluetooth and open the app
- If it’s your first time launching, the Nura app will ask you to build a profile.
- To start the process, you will need to place the Nuraphones on your head and ensure the earbuds have a great fit in your ears (If you are struggling with this, there are some different sizes of earbuds in the box it came in) The on-screen ticks below will let you know when you’ve got the fit right.
- When the Nuraphones are on comfortably and the app is happy with the positioning, you’ll start hearing lots of bleeps and bloops within your ear. This is just the app measuring your hearing.
- Once the Nura app has measured your hearing, it will build a sound profile based on your hearing. This will take around a minute or so.
8. When the Nura app finishes personalising your hearing profile, it will start playing stock music for you.
9. You will then have the option to turn personalised mode on, which utilises the hearing profile the Nuraphones have just created. You can alter the strength of the personalisation by turning Immersion Mode up and down.
That’s it, you’ve set up your new Nuraphones. If you really want to see what the unique headphones have to offer, dig into some of your favourite albums and experience them all over again with an audio mix which was built specifically for you.