Fed up of getting tied up in pesky wires while listening to your favourite tunes on the go? If you’re looking to invest in a streamlined pair of headphones, you could do worse than Apple AirPods.
Apple’s signature earpieces are made to easily sync with your iPhone and, thanks to their wireless simplicity and light fit, they could be a good option if you prefer in-ear headphones to bulkier, over-ear cans. Their teeny, built-in microphones come in handy for answering calls, too.
Read below to find out everything you need to know to connect your Apple AirPods to your iPhone…
How to connect Apple AirPods to your iPhone
You’ll be unsurprised to learn the Apple AirPods have a special way to connect to an iPhone because Apple. Here's how it works.
- Go to your home screen.
- Open the case containing your Apple AirPods and hold it next to your phone. This should cause an animation to appear on the phone.
- Tap ‘Connect’.
Easy, right? There are some extra steps you can take after these ones to add in Siri functionality (you’ll be automatically guided through the set-up once the AirPods are connected), but these are the basics.
Even better, if you’re signed in to iCloud, your AirPods should now be ready to use with any of your supported devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone
If the AirPods are a bit too pricey for your needs, you could always opt for a more basic pair of wireless headphones to use with your iPhone. Don’t worry, though – setting them up might not be as automatic as the AirPods, but it’s still pretty easy. Just follow these simple steps.
- Make sure your headphones are near your iPhone.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
- Choose ‘Bluetooth’ and make sure Bluetooth is switched to on.
- Make sure your headphones are in discovery mode.
- Your headphones should show up in the ‘Other devices’ section (usually as the model name). Press this to connect them. Once connected, they will be displayed in the ‘My devices’ section.
READ MORE: How to connect Apple AirPods to Xbox One
For more articles like this, take a look at our How To page.