Wondering how to connect your action camera to your phone? Well, you are in the right place.
Action cameras have become very popular these days and they are very useful when it comes to capturing adventures like climbing mountains, diving, cycling, surfing, etc. Some people prefer camcorders to action cameras, but action cameras are much more versatile and you can capture great footage in many different conditions.
If you know how to use an action camera, then you would be aware that, you can connect it to your phone and view the footage on the smartphone as well as control the camera with it. However, connecting an action camera to your phone can be tricky. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. We’re going to tell you everything you need to know. So keep reading!
How To Connect Action Camera To Your Android Or iPhone
Connecting your action camera to a smartphone allows you to transfer photos and videos to your phone. In addition, it provides you with the ability to remotely view your camera screen and change the camera settings. Here is how to hook up an action camera to your Android or iPhone - in less than 3 minutes.
- The first thing you need to do is download an app from the store. This app will act as an interface between your camera and phone. iSmart DV, GoAction, and OK CAM Plus are some of the most popular apps for connecting your action camera to your phone.
- Next, turn on the WiFi on your camera. To do that, press and hold the up or down arrow at the side of your camera. The arrow varies for different models, but in most models, it is the up arrow. The name and password (if any) of the camera will be displayed; take a note of it.
- After that, open the app you downloaded and add your action camera. For that, turn on the WiFi on your phone and connect it to your action camera. Type in the WiFi password if needed. Some apps require you to turn on the Bluetooth as well.
- Your camera is now connected to your phone. You will be able to remotely view the feed from your camera and control it.
Hope this helps. If you are having any trouble, read the following section. We will discuss what to do if the connection doesn’t work.
- Check Price: Neewer 50 in 1 Action Camera Accessory Kit
How To Connect Action Camera HD 1080p To Phone Without WiFi
Probably, you must be having trouble connecting your Action Camera HD 1080p to your phone via WiFi. If you are in this situation, then you are at the right place. Here, we are going to share a simple solution with you.
The sad truth is that you can't connect your Action Camera HD 1080p to your phone without WiFi. There is neither an official way nor a hack to do this. However, we can troubleshoot your issue with a few simple steps. Here is what you need to do:
- First, ensure your phone's Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on.
- Also, check if other phones are connected to the camera. A camera can only pair with one phone at the same time.
- If the problem persists, try closing the app, restarting your camera, and turning on the Wi-Fi again.
- You might also want to update your action camera firmware if available.
- If none of the above methods solved the problem, try an alternate app to connect to your camera.
Still no luck? Then possibly there is something wrong with your camera. Reach out to the manufacturer and see if they can help you out with the issue.
How To Transfer Files From Action Camera To Phone Using WiFi
- First, open the app on your smartphone.
- Then, connect your phone to the camera following the instructions in the previous section.
- Once connected, open the album and select the files you wish to transfer to your phone.
- Finally, wait for the files to download.
Why Do Action Cameras Have Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is a basic, ubiquitous, and indispensable feature of many modern electronic devices. And so it should be of no surprise that a number of camera manufacturers have added Wi-Fi connectivity to their products.
Most action cameras, nowadays, have Wi-Fi built-in, so you can use a smartphone or other device to control and monitor your camera remotely. It also enables fast and seamless sharing of your footage directly to a computer or other devices. Moreover, you can use the action camera as a webcam for your PC.
In any case, Wi-Fi is a very convenient and useful feature in action cameras.