Because silicone watch bands are durable, water-resistant and comfortable, they are often the most popular choice for watch wearers. However, they get easily stained, smudged, and discoloured. Therefore, to look its best, you will need to clean your silicone watch band periodically.
Luckily, silicone watch bands are easy to clean, since they are made of a soft, non-porous material. We will discuss the best ways about how to clean a silicone watch band below.
How To Clean A Silicone Watch Band
Silicone watch bands are prone to dirt and stains, like any other watch band. If you don’t clean it, you can end up with a watch band that looks dirty and unpresentable.
You can clean your silicone watch band following the steps below.
- The first step is to remove the band from your watch.
- Then, fill a small bowl with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Immerse the silicone watch bands in water for five minutes.
- Next, use a soft-bristle toothbrush to scrub stains while keeping the watch bands submerged. We recommend using a lens pen (if possible).
- Afterwards, take it out and wipe down the bands with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. A microfiber cloth is preferred.
- Finally, allow them to dry completely before putting them back on your watch.
If there are any stubborn spots or stains, you can use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol or baking soda to remove them. Since silicone is chemically inert, you don't need to worry about damaging the band. The best practice is to pour some isopropyl alcohol onto a clean soft cloth and gently scrub on the stains.
Read More:watchOS 9 – Everything We Know
How To Clean Silicone Apple Watch Band
Apple has clear cleaning and care instructions for the Apple Watch. You can find it in the manual or on the website. According to Apple, you can clean the silicone band with mild hypoallergenic hand soap and a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. Here is how to do it:
- First, remove the band from your Apple Watch.
- Then, wipe the band clean with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water. You can also use mild hypoallergenic hand soap for cleaning.
- Finally, dry the band with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.
You can also follow the detailed instructions mentioned in the previous section for a deep clean. It is recommended that you clean your Apple Watch every two weeks at the very least.
Why You Should Clean Your Silicone Watch Band?
The first reason to clean your silicone watch band is to ensure that it lasts longer. Silicone watch bands are durable, and they can last for years if they are properly cared for.
However, you can extend their lifespan by cleaning them. It is recommended to clean your watch band when you notice a bit of grime or a stain or at least every two weeks.
Another reason to clean your watch band is to keep it looking its best. Your watch is a part of your outfit, and it should look good. You can follow the instructions in the previous sections to keep your silicone watch band attractive. Hope it helps!
Read More: How To Fix Apple Watch Checking For Update