If you are wondering how to clean your drone lens, then this article will be the best one for you.
Whether you are an experienced or a beginner drone pilot, cleaning the lenses of your drone is something you should always keep in mind. The lens can get dirty or smudgy due to the accumulation of dust, pollen, debris, fingerprints and other things that fly around. So it is extremely important to clean the lens to maintain a clear vision and better picture.
While cleaning your lens is not difficult, it does require a little know-how. In this guide, we will show you the easy, expert and smart way to clean your drone lenses. Let's get started!
How To Clean A Drone Lens
When you’re flying your drone, it’s important to keep your lens clean. The lens is responsible for the clear vision and clarity of the images you capture. Therefore, you need to clean your lens before the flight to ensure that it remains clear and that the image you are taking is clear and sharp.
Below we will discuss different ways to clean your drone lens. First, we will discuss how to clean your lens quickly with minimal tools. Second, we will explain how to clean your lens like an expert for better results. Finally, we will see the smartest way to clean your drone lens. Here you go!
The Easy Way To Clean A Drone Lens
If you need an easy method for cleaning your drone lens with little equipment or tools, this is your way to go. With just a soft lens cloth, you can quickly and easily clean your drone’s lens. Here is what you need to do:
- Start by blowing off the dust and debris on the lens (lens filter). You can simply blow with your mouth.
- Now breathe deeply to fog up the surface of the lens.
- Then take your soft lens cloth, preferably a microfiber cloth, put your finger in it and do little circular movements from the inside of the lens to the outside. You want to do this slowly without applying much pressure.
- You can now remove the lens filter and clean the actual lens with a soft cloth following the same method mentioned in step 3.
This is the easiest and fastest way to clean your drone lens. However, if you want better results, you should do it the professional way by using the right tools. Keep reading to find out how to clean your drone lens like a pro.
The Expert Way To Clean A Drone Lens
The best way to clean your drone lens is to use a cleaning kit. Just buy a lens cleaning kit from Amazon for around $10. It has everything you need to clean your drone lens.
These kits usually come with a cleaning solution, a blower, a microfiber cloth and a lens cleaning brush. You can find them in most online stores. Here is how to clean your drone lens like a pro:
- First off, put on your gloves to avoid any risk of your lens getting fingerprints.
- Now get your air blower and blow the dirt and dust out of your lens (lens filter).
- Then, you can apply isopropyl alcohol on the same microfiber cloth, put your finger in it and do little circular movements from the inside of the lens to the outside. You don’t need to use a lot of force. DO NOT apply alcohol solution directly to the lens.
- You can now remove the lens filter and clean the actual lens with the microfiber cloth following the same method mentioned in step 3. We don't recommend using an alcohol solution here.
- That's all. Now clean the inside of your lens with the brush and put it back on.
While this method offers you the maximum cleaning effect, it’s not the most convenient one. You cannot always carry the lens cleaning kit with you everywhere you go. So we have a handy yet effective way to clean your lens. Keep reading!
Read More: Best Drone For Battery Life 2022
The Smart Way To Clean A Drone Lens
We think the smart way to clean your drone lens is by using a lens pen. As mentioned above it's effective, handy and less expensive than a cleaning kit. The lens pen on one end has a soft brush and a carbon cleaning pad on the other to do the job. Now let's see how to effectively clean your lens with a lens pen:
- First off, blow off the dust and debris on the lens (lens filter).
- Then, take your lens pen and clean your lens filter.
- Now with the cleaning pad of the pen, do little circular movements from the inside of the lens to the outside to completely remove any dust, debris or fingerprints. Keep the pad level with the lens.
- Take the lens filter off and do the same process you did in step 3 on the actual lens with your cleaning pad.
- You can clean the inside of your lens filter and put it back on.
That's it! If you were wondering what is the quickest way to clean your lens, you have now found the answer. The best thing about a lens pen is that you can keep it in your pocket and use it at any time, anywhere.
Drones are not toys. They are very serious and professional pieces of equipment. If you don’t take care of them, they can cost you a lot. Therefore, regularly clean your drone to keep it in the best shape. If possible, fly your drone only in good weather conditions to prevent any damage.
For more articles like this, take a look at our How To and Tech page.