How to cast Oculus Quest 2 VR headset to Samsung TV
Do you want your Samsung telly to show everyone what you are playing on your Oculus Quest 2? You do? Well, here’s how you can do it.
The Oculus Quest 2 is the market leader in VR headsets, with some great exclusive games. So it would be nice to share those games with other people, by having them up on your Samsung television for everyone to watch as you play. But is this something you can even do? And if so, how do you go about it?
We’ll take a look, and you’ll soon know whether Half-Life Alyx can be enjoyed by everyone around you as well.
Can you cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung TV?
In theory, you absolutely can cast from your Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung television. There are a couple of different approaches you can take. If your TV already has built-in casting ability, then you are already good to go. If not, then you’ll need to get a Chromecast device to plug into your television.
You can then enable casting from your Oculus headset, or from the Oculus app on your phone. Not every app on the Oculus Quest 2 will allow casting, and you need to make sure that both your Oculus headset and your Chromecast device/television are connected to the same network.
Done all that? Good. Then here’s what you need to do next.
How to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung television using your headset
- Put on your headset, and open the universal menu
- Select Sharing, then press Cast
- Select the device you want to cast to
- Press Start
You should see a red dot appear in your VR to indicate that casting has begun.
How to cast your VR headset to your Samsung television using your phone
- Turn on the Oculus Quest and the television
- Open the Oculus app on your phone
- At the top right of the screen is a Cast icon. It resembles a headset with a WiFi signal emitting from it. Tap this icon.
- Your app should automatically detect your headset in the Cast From section. If there’s more than one in the vicinity, make sure you select the correct one
- In the Cast To section, select your TV or your Chromecast device
- Tap Start to begin casting
That’s it! You’re done! Enjoy the VR experience on your big ass TV.