If you are wondering how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung TV, this guide will help.
The Oculus Quest 2 is arguably one of the best VR headsets to date, and certainly the best-selling, with some great exclusive games. So it would be nice to share those games with other people, by having them up on your Samsung television for everyone to watch as you play. But can you cast Oculus Quest 2 to a TV? And if so, how do you go about it?
We'll take a look, and you'll soon know whether the best oculus games can be enjoyed by everyone around you as well.
Can You Cast Your Oculus Quest 2 To Your Samsung TV?
In theory, you absolutely can cast from your Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung television. There are a couple of different approaches you can take. If your TV already has built-in casting ability, then you are already good to go. If not, then you'll need to get a Chromecast device to plug into your television.
You can then enable casting from your Oculus headset, or from the Oculus app on your phone, which you can download from Android here, or for iOS here. Not every app on the Oculus Quest 2 will allow casting, and you need to make sure that both your Oculus headset and your Chromecast device/television are connected to the same network. Alternatively, if you have the Samsung SmartThings app, it works in almost the exact same way as a Chromecast.
Done all that? Good. Then here's what you need to do next.
How To Cast Your Oculus Quest 2 To Your Samsung Television Using Your Headset
- Put on your headset, and open the universal menu
- Select Sharing, then press Cast
- Select the device you want to cast to
- Press Start
You should see a red dot appear in your VR to indicate that casting has begun.
Read More: How To Connect Oculus Quest 2 To Xbox
How To Cast Your VR Headset To Your Samsung Television Using Your Phone
- Turn on the Oculus Quest and the television
- Open the Oculus app on your phone
- At the top right of the screen is a Cast icon. It resembles a headset with a WiFi signal emitting from it. Tap this icon.
- Your app should automatically detect your headset in the Cast From section. If there's more than one in the vicinity, make sure you select the correct one
- In the Cast To section, select your TV or your Chromecast device
- Tap Start at the bottom of your screen, put on your headset, and accept the in-VR prompt to begin casting
That's it! You're done! Enjoy the VR experience on your big ass TV.
Screen Mirroring Not Working?
If, for some reason, you find that you are struggling to cast from your Quest 2 to your Samsung TV, then try the following steps:
- Restart your television and your phone.
- Try disabling Bluetooth, in case this is stopping the WiFi connection between the two devices.
- If possible, try using a different smartphone.
And that covers everything on how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung TV. Since you are here, have a look at how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to a phone.