In the world of Snapchat, your Snapscore is like a digital asset, reflecting your activity and engagement on the platform.
It's no surprise that users, particularly teens, are often curious to understand the inner workings of this scoring system. Some may even wonder if it's possible to hack their Snapchat score for a coveted higher number.
In this guide, we'll not only demystify the mechanics behind the Snapchat score but also provide valuable insights and tips to help you maximize your Snapscore organically.
How does Snapchat score work?
The official Snapchat FAQ states that the Snapchat score is determined by a secret equation that combines the number of Snaps sent and received, Stories posted, and other factors.
From this, we can infer that sending and receiving snaps, as well as posting stories, are some of the factors that can contribute to an increase in your Snapchat score.
While the exact weightage and calculations behind each action are undisclosed, multiple pages on the Internet suggest that your Snapscore increases by 1 point for each snap you send or receive.
What are the other factors that affect your Snapscore?
As mentioned in the official Snapchat FAQ, it is acknowledged that other factors besides the above-mentioned ones do indeed influence your Snapscore.
However, the specific details and their impact are intentionally kept confidential by Snapchat. This approach is implemented to uphold the integrity and fairness of the scoring system.
While we can only speculate, these factors may encompass various aspects such as the frequency of your app usage, engagement with Discover content, and interactions with friends via text messages.
How is Snapscore calculated?
The exact calculation and algorithm behind the Snapchat score, also known as Snapscore, have not been publicly disclosed by Snapchat.
However, based on user observations and speculation, the Snapchat score is believed to be influenced by various factors, including:
- Sending snaps (photos or videos) to other users.
- Receiving snaps from other users.
- Posting stories on your Snapchat account.
- Active engagement with Discover content.
- Interacting with friends via text messages.
- App usage frequency and overall activity.
- Potential influence from other undisclosed metrics.
It's important to note that the above information is based on user observations and unofficial sources. Snapchat has not provided specific details about the calculations or the weightage assigned to each action.
How to improve your Snapchat score
Now that we have an understanding of the factors that can potentially influence our Snapchat score, we can utilize this information to enhance our Snapscore.
To increase your Snapchat score, you can take the following actions:
- Send and receive snaps: Engage in frequent snapping with your friends. Each snap you send and receive contributes to your score. Keep the conversations going and share moments to boost your activity.
- Post Stories regularly: Sharing Stories allows you to reach a wider audience and gain more engagement. Post interesting and creative content that your friends will enjoy. The more views and interactions you receive, the higher your score may go.
- Interact with your friends: Stay active on the app by responding to chats, replying to snaps, and engaging with your friends' Stories. Regular interaction shows your involvement and can positively impact your score.
- Discover and engage with content: Explore the Discover section, which features various publishers' content. Watch articles, videos, and stories, and interact with them by liking, sharing, or commenting. This activity can contribute to your overall score.
- Use additional features: Make use of Snapchat's tools, such as filters, lenses, My AI, Bitmoji, and stickers. Utilizing these features in your snaps can potentially increase engagement.
Remember, increasing your Snapchat score is a result of active and genuine participation on the platform. Focus on sharing meaningful moments, connecting with friends, and enjoying the overall Snapchat experience.