Snapchat, despite being a favourite among millennials and Gen Z for its innovative and dynamic communication features, is far from perfect. It is not uncommon for users to run into issues like support code SS06 and the notorious access temporarily disabled error at times.
In this article, we'll delve into the causes of this pesky issue and provide practical solutions to get you back to snapping and chatting in no time.
Why does Snapchat keep saying "Something went wrong"?
Snapchat saying "Something went wrong" is typically an indication that there is an issue preventing the app from functioning as expected. This error can be due to various reasons including connectivity issues, Snapchat server issues, or an issue with the app.
The most common reason is server issues. Sometimes, Snapchat servers can go down or experience issues that prevent users from accessing or using the app. When this happens, the error message "Something went wrong" could appear.
Another potential cause of this problem is connectivity problems. If your device is not properly connected to the internet, or if the signal is weak or unstable, Snapchat may not be able to establish a stable connection to its servers.
Is Snapchat down?
At the time of writing on 16 June 2023, Snapchat servers appear to be down.
Thousands of Snapchat users reported widespread issues, according to the online outage tracker Down Detector. So, if you are encountering the "Something went wrong. Please try again later" error, it is likely because the servers are down.
Such outages are not uncommon and are typically resolved by Snapchat's technical team as quickly as possible. So, it is advisable to be patient and give the Snapchat team some time to address the issue and restore normal service.
How to fix Snapchat "Something went wrong. Please try again later" error
Encountering the "Something went wrong. Please try again later" error on Snapchat can be incredibly frustrating, especially when you're trying to connect with friends or share moments instantly.
Additionally, this technical issue can disrupt your Snapchat streaks, potentially causing you to lose long-held streaks that signify consistent daily engagement with your friends. Thankfully, there are some easy ways to recover your Snapstreak.
Anyway, here are potential solutions to the "Something went wrong" error on Snapchat:
- Check Snapchat server status: Sometimes, the problem might be from Snapchat's servers. Go to Down Detector to see if other users are experiencing issues or check Snapchat's official Twitter account for any updates on server issues.
- Check your internet connection: Ensure your device is connected to the internet. You can try toggling your Wi-Fi or cellular data off and on again. Try using another app or browser to see if you can access the internet.
- Clear app data and cache: For Android, go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data. For iOS, you'll need to delete and reinstall the app as it doesn't offer an option to clear cache or data.
- Update Snapchat: Ensure that your Snapchat app is updated to the latest version. Go to the App Store (for iOS users) or Google Play Store (for Android users), search for Snapchat, and see if there's an update available.
- Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can clear out minor software glitches that might be causing the issue. Turn your device off, wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on and check if Snapchat is working correctly.
If all else fails, deleting and reinstalling the app might help. This will ensure you have the latest version and it also helps to clean out the app's local data that might have been corrupted.