If you are getting New Bing looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature error while trying to chat with Microsoft's AI bot, we can help!
With Bing AI, you can use ChatGPT 4 for free, which otherwise requires a $20 ChatGPT Plus subscription. However, it's important to note that you may encounter technical issues while conversing with the chatbot, as with any AI system.
So in this article, we will explore the common causes of the network issue in New Bing and also provide you with some potential solutions that can fix the issue.
Why does New Bing say "Sorry, looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature"?
The error message "Sorry, looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature" typically appears in New Bing when there is an issue with the user's network connection.
It means the chatbot is unable to connect to the internet and therefore cannot access the feature or provide a response to the user's query. Network connectivity issues, firewall restrictions, or problems with the user's device or browser settings are the common causes of the error.
Identifying the root cause of the issue is critical to resolving it effectively. With that in mind, let's explore the possible fixes to the network issue in New Bing.
How to fix New Bing looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature
If you are experiencing the issue of "Sorry, looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature" in New Bing, here are some potential fixes that you can try:
- Check your network connection: Ensure that your device is connected to the internet and that there are no issues with your network connection. You can try restarting your router or modem and see if that resolves the issue.
- Disable firewall or security settings: Sometimes, firewall or security settings can block access to certain websites or services, including chatbots like New Bing. Try disabling your firewall or security settings temporarily to see if that resolves the issue. If it does, you can add an exception for New Bing in your security software or firewall settings.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies: Cached data and cookies stored in your browser can sometimes cause issues with website functionality. Clearing your browser cache and cookies can help resolve these issues.
- Try a different browser: Sometimes, the issue may be specific to the browser you are using. Try using a different browser and see if that resolves the issue.
- Try a different network: If you are still experiencing the issue, try connecting to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot or a different Wi-Fi network.
If none of the above fixes works, you may need to contact technical support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution that works for your specific situation.