Switching between profiles on Hulu is pretty simple once you have them set up, but the annoying Hulu switch profile error can prevent you from doing this.
Hulu errors such as P-EDU136, P-DEV313, P-DEV320, RUNUNK13, P-DEV336 and of course, the switch profile error can be a real pain. Luckily, most of them can be fixed with little patience and a few simple steps.
In this article, we'll walk you through effective troubleshooting techniques to overcome the Hulu switch profile error, so that you can dive back into your favourite shows without any issues.
What causes the Hulu switch profile error?
Many different things can cause the switch profile error to show up on your screen, but here are some of the more common ones:
- Outdated app version
- Cache memory and browser issues
- Using too many devices
- Facebook login issues
So, while the Hulu switch profile error can be annoying to deal with, it's no cause for any real concern.
How to fix the Hulu switch profile error
There are several different troubleshooting steps you can take to get rid of this error message. They're all pretty quick and simple, so there's no need to take up too much time trying to pinpoint what's causing it.
Here are some things you can try to resolve the Hulu switch profile error:
- Sign out then sign back in: This is the simplest troubleshooting step you can take and it only takes a few seconds to try. It occasionally works, so it's worth a shot when looking to fix the Hulu switch profile error!
- Check for updates: Using an older version of the Hulu app can sometimes cause the switch profile error to appear. If that's the case, then there's a good chance that downloading the latest version will resolve the issue.
- Reinstall the app: Sometimes, the files needed to run an app get messed up through no fault of your own. In this case, a reinstallation of the app could be the answer to your problem.
- Manage your devices: Having several options for you to watch Hulu on is great, but technology has its limits too. Try logging out of some of the devices linked to your Hulu account to get rid of the problem.
- Check your Facebook login: If your Hulu account is linked to your Facebook profile, make sure you're using the correct one. Trying to use a Facebook profile that's already linked to a different Hulu account may result in the profile switch error. You can also try removing the link between your Facebook and Hulu.
- Use incognito mode: This is more of a workaround than an actual fix and only applies to those that use Hulu through a web browser. Just open a tab in incognito mode, log in to your Hulu account, and you should be able to switch profiles without a problem.
If the Hulu switch profile error persists after trying all of the steps listed above, then it's best to try and contact Hulu's Help Center. There, you'll be able to get in touch with someone better equipped to troubleshoot any issues you have with their services.
But, if you did manage to get your account up and running like normal, then reading up on the best Hulu VPN could be worth your time.