While the arrival of God Of War on PC has been met with a near-universally positive response, there remain players who are struggling to experience the game. This is, in many cases, because of a God Of War crashing at launch problem.
There are, unfortunately, a lot of variables at play that might account for this problem. So in an effort to make life as easy for you as possible, we've put together a list of all the most likely fixes. Run through these solutions, and hopefully, the crashing will soon be a thing of the past. Here's what you need to know.
How To Fix God Of War Crashing At Launch Issue
The absolute first thing to do in this scenario is to make sure that your computer meets the minimum required specifications to run this game. If it doesn't, then no amount of troubleshooting is going to help you. Assuming you've double-checked, and your PC does meet those requirements, here's what we suggest you do next:
- Start by making sure that your system is fully up to date. You should also check for any updates for your GPU. If you use AMD, go here. For Intel, go here. And for NVIDIA, it's here.
- Verify the integrity of the game files. If you're on Steam, complete the following steps:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
- Steam will start checking for any damaged or corrupted files. The process can take a while, so be patient!
- If however, you use Epic Games, you need to do the following:
- Navigate to the game in your library and click the three dots.
- Once this opens, click Verify in the drop-down menu.
- Again, this can take several minutes to complete.
- Add God of War to your safe list on your Antivirus software.
- You may also wish to grant God of War administrator privileges. To do this:
- Go to your God of War installation folder
- Right click on the God Of Warexecutable file.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the box marked Run this program as an administrator.
- If nothing seems to work, your final option is to uninstall and then reinstall the game.
If you've exhausted all these options, try utilising the support available on Steam.
What Is The Crashing Issue?
As the title of this article suggests, the crashing issue happens when the game is being launched. For players who are affected, it prevents them from even starting the game.
There is a long list of possible causes, as exemplified by the wide range of possible solutions. There is no easy way of identifying what the specific cause is for your issue. So it's best to work through these solutions until you (hopefully) find one that works for you.
As is so often the case, when new games are released, they often come with a variety of glitches that only become clear after they've launched. So we can hope that there will be a patch available to address this, and other issues, in the not too distant future.